Chapter Seven

it was the type of kiss you see in movies and dream of having in junior high with your first boyfriend. our lips fit together perfectly and in the next second my hands were in his hair and his on my waist as we pulled each other closer and then-

there was a bright white flash.

we pulled away quickly, but whoever took the photo was long gone. he swore. "i don't think they would have photographed your face; they want to prove it's me." he said.

he nervously ran his hands through his hair and his breathing quickened and i could tell he was scared. "hey," i said calmly, "whatever happens, we can do this together."

his green eyes peeked up at me through his long curtains of hair. "you'll stay?" he asked quietly.

"of course i will. ruel, i like you." i said and tried to act calm although i was internally hyperventilating from my confession. he probably thought i was crazy. but he had kissed me back. right?

"well, that's good because I'm not planning on leaving you anytime soon." he whispered as he placed a kiss on my forehead that sent shivers racing down my neck and back and through my body.

just then, i got a text from charlie. i was supposed to be home for ellie's surprise birthday party! "oh no, ruel, i have to be home in twenty minutes for ellie's party!"

he immediately ran to the curb and hailed a cab and we rode home in a comfortable silence, his arm around me and my head tucked into his chest. the cabbie was an old man, so we weren't concerned about him recognizing ruel.

pretty soon we were at my house and i realized ruel was still there. "I'm so sorry, if you need to go you can!" i told him apologetically, but he shook his head.

"your sister's a big fan, right?" he asked, and i nodded. "let me surprise her!" he told me, and we went inside. when i walked in with him- his hand was still around me- everyone's jaws dropped open, but there was no time to explain. i heard the door open and my sister's voice and i dove behind the couch, but ruel stayed where he was and instead sat down on the couch and casually picked up a magazine. what was he doing?

ellie came into the room and dumped her stuff on the ground and went to sit on the couch- and her eyes got wide. she seemed paralyzed and he looked up and said, "happy birthday ellie!" and we all shot confetti into the air and took photos of her.

ellie couldn't even respond for a few minutes. "why are you here?" she finally asked.

ruel, having been used to two of us now, laughed and said, "cass and i wanted to surprise you!" i would have to thank him later- i was getting lots of sister credit for that. i owed him big time. she still looked confused, and i stepped out from around the couch and explained that we hung out today. mom's eyes got big and everyone seemed shocked (minus char and isabella, who were still shocked but already knew)- but everyone seemed happy for the coincidence and thankfully didn't ask more questions.

ellie had a great time and clung to ruel, but he didn't seem bothered and actually seemed to enjoy the attention. i felt a weird feeling in my stomach. was that jealousy?

after that, we went up to my room with charlie and isabella and as soon as the four of us were inside and the door was shut he placed a kiss on my cheek. the girls both squealed and asked if we were dating. i glared at them. "not yet!" he said and winked at them.

not yet? ruel, what are you up to?

ruel had to go home, though, and after all he hadn't been to work all day since we hung out, and i didn't want him to be in trouble. i got him a cab and gave him a big hug. he laughed and picked me up and spun me in a circle, making me promise to text him later. how could i not?

after that, i felt kind of sad without him. is it possible to become that close to someone i only met this morning? my thoughts were interrupted when i walked into my room and the girls begged me to tell them everything. as i talked, iz asked, "are you the girl in the photo?" "i saw you were at the park with him earlier."

"what photo?" i said, and my worst fears were confirmed as i saw a photo of my private story next to the one of us kissing. how had they gotten my private story? i would have to edit the amount of people on it later. i quickly deleted my private story but didn't know what to text ruel. after all, what could i say? 'hey they know it's me! miss you?'

what were we going to do?

_______________________________________________________

okay so thats super awk. uhm yea idk what's gonna happen- and I'm the writer lol

anyway let me know what u think, after chapter 13 I will start adding in ideas from the comments- I have all chapters until them almost done. 

anyway, thanks again!

remember to vote and comment if you liked it or if you have suggestions.

love you and here as always if you need someone to talk to,

@ruelvvd.fanaccount