Chapter Thirteen

I smiled to myself as I packed my bags. I leave tomorrow with Ruel and his team at 6:30, and I'm super excited. I pick up the photo album from my bedside table and put it into my already overweight suitcase. 

Char and Isabella are supposed to come over in five minutes or so to help me pack and say goodbye. I'm a pretty independent person, and I'm not concerned about homesickness and would have just gone for a quick goodbye call or something, but they said they have a surprise for me. I'm a bit concerned, since I heard Isa snickering in the background when Charlie called me, but honestly they've always got a prank so I'm not really worried. My thoughts are interrupted when the doorbell rings. I run downstairs and quickly check out the window to make sure it's them- ever since the fan incident mom's been onto me about checking who's at the door for safety. Isa grins and I see a suitcase next to her. They really brought me that much stuff? That's overkill.

I let them both in, and Charlotte leaves a second suitcase next to Isabella's and plops onto the couch (mood) and Isa joins her. Ellie runs downstairs and winks at them. "Is there something I'm missing?" I ask, and they all laugh nervously. If possible Ellie's even worse than I am at lying, so I know something's up. "Isa, you always look down and to the left when you lie. What's up?" I ask, and the doorbell rings again. I sigh and get up to get it, thinking about how I'm never gonna finish packing. I see my mom at the door, but when I open the door, she slips around the side of the house. I look down and see two envelopes on the ground. I open them, confused, and realize what the surprise is. 

"YOU'RE COMING WITH ME?!" I yell, excitedly, and they nod and group hug with me. "How?" I ask. Charlotte grins. 

"Well, there are some perks when your bestie is dating Ruel." she says and I grin. "You know how I've always wanted to be a singer?" she asks me, and I nod. She's got a beautiful voice. "Well, Nate heard my voice and since Chelsea is going solo, he's trying to hire a backup vocalist and wants me to try it out. I told him I wasn't sure but that I'll do a show, so I'm coming with you- and I'm bringing ISA!!!" she exclaims. 

I'm psyched, but I really wanted some alone time with Ruel too. Isabella sees my face and says, "girl, don't even worry, char and I are rooming so you'll get all the alone time you need." my face turns red and I hit her in the shoulder. 

Ellie raises her eyebrows at me and I say, "Don't start or I'll be forced to tell Mom who you've been sneaking into your room for a month!" I say, and she shuts up. 

Charlie clears her throat, and we all turn to her. "knowing you, you're not done packing, so we've gotta go but we'll see you at five am here! Ruel's picking us up here." she says, and I nod and walk them to the door.

Later, Ellie walks into my room at one am as I pack. I've been a procrastinator since I could talk and this isn't an exception. She walks over to my swimsuit drawer and starts pulling things out and throwing stuff around the room. "What are you doing?!" I hiss, and she ignores me and throws five swimsuits into my overflowing suitcase. "I don't have room!" I tell her, and she rolls her eyes. "Please, when has that ever stopped you?" she says, and I give up and sigh. She's totally right, but I'm not going to admit that. "Why all the swimsuits?" I ask.

She rolls her eyes. "I love how I'm almost two years younger than you but I know so much more about relationships." she says, grinning at me. I slap her with a shirt. "also please don't tell me you're packing that." she says, and I roll my eyes and lie down on my bed as she starts to take apart my suitcase, as predicted.

by the end of ellie's painful lecture about my clothes it's three and I don't even bother to check what she's packed. I have to wake up in an hour and I'd love to get some sleep, so I sit on my suitcase and shut it and give her a hug to make her leave. "See you at five! Go sleep!" I say, and she nods, even though I know she'll just call Noah, her boyfriend, and get ready to see ruel. if she wasn't my sister it would probably annoy me that she's so starstruck over my boyfriend, but it's kinda cute in a helpless kitten kind of way, so I don't really care. And plus, she'd never go for him.

I crawl into bed and text ruel goodnight and then I realize it's three thirty and he probably thinks I'm psychotic. Then, I get a text back saying goodnight and I realize maybe that's just us.

I get about an hour of sleep before I have to get back up again, and now I'm late. I grab the ripped jeans and backless white crop top Ellie's picked out and throw some waterproof mascara on before I go downstairs. I bump into Ellie, who's ten times more awake than me, and rushes me to her room to do my hair. 

I wake up as soon as I hear Ruel laughing downstairs. Ellie quickly finishes and I eat my raisin toast and run downstairs, suitcase in tow.

I give my mom, dad, and sister hugs goodbye and walk out with Ruel. 

"Ready?" I ask.

_______________________________________________________

hehe ready get it?

okay bye chapter fourteen should be up in the next few days

hope you enjoyed! remember to vote and comment ideas for future chapters!