Chapter Twenty Three

YALL WE HIT 2K THANKS SO MUCH i honestly started this as a joke bc i was bored so thanks for reading this!

also my wattpad is either glitching the fuck out or this is payback for not updating bc I was 32 in ruel a week ago and now I'm like 470 so that's awk

also edit apparently it's 2.9k not 2k so that's a plus even tho my ranking glitch is a major bummer

________________________________________________________

"Thank you Rome!"

It seems like just yesterday we were in Paris. His next stop is Glasgow, and while I was able to convince my mom to let me stay an extra week to go to three more shows, she put her foot down about missing more school for the whole tour.

Charlie has decided to finish the tour (minus the Asia leg) as his backup singer and do online school for the remaining two months of that, but Isa's coming home with me. She comes home in two weeks, and she'll go back in about a month.

I'm sad to go home, but I am getting a little bit behind on school, so I understand what Mom means. My thoughts are interrupted as Ruel runs off the stage and nearly topples me as he runs to grab a water bottle.

"So. Hot. Onstage," he says, and I laugh and give him a quick peck on the cheek as I hand him a towel since he's sweaty.

"You did amazing! You always do, but especially this time," I say.

"You always say that," he says playfully, but I can tell he appreciates it.

"That's because you're so good, babe," I say, and he laughs and kisses me.

Everyone back home knows I'm with Ruel on his tour right now since I posted the photos from the cake war on Instagram with a location tag on London, and I've stopped checking my Snapchat since people think I'm suddenly relevant to talk to and are blowing up my phone.

I'm not sure how nobody knew I was gone before this, but whatever.

"I'm still bummed you're going home soon," he says, sighing and looking down at the carpet he's suddenly taken an interest in, and I tilt his head up until he meets my eyes.

"I know, but we can talk every day. Plus, I'm not leaving until noon tomorrow so let's enjoy the rest of our time together," I say, and he nods.

"Coco wants to play truth or dare tonight. I hate that game."

"Oh come on," I say, trying to persuade him, "We should spend the time together, all five of us,"

Ruel nods. "Gotta go get my stuff from the dressing room, so be right back, but fine. You win," he says, and I grin and stick my tongue out at him. He rolls his eyes, so I poke his stomach.

He gasps. "You did not,"

I smirk and do it again. "No!" I scream and break into a fit of giggles as he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. "Please, Ruel," I say to no avail. Coco spots us and I sigh, thinking she'll help me, but she only tickles me while I'm stuck in the air. "COCO!" I scream, and Charlie sees me and just laughs. So much for reliable friends.

Pretty soon I'm on the ground gasping for breath as Ruel and Coco laugh above me and Mama Kate tries to keep a straight face and scold her kids but ends up laughing as well. Ruel helps me up and we walk to the vans and ride back to our hotel.

___________________________________________________

We all follow Coco back to her room and sit on couch cushions on the floor. Me being the person I am, I force everyone to get back up and rearrange them in a circle. Ruel groans. "Babe, can't we just go back to the room instead?" he asks, and I shake my head. It's time to learn some embarrassing stories about my boyfriend. He rolls his eyes, and I shoulder punch him as Coco sticks her tongue out at him and mouths "I win!"

Pretty soon we've all forgotten the dare part of the game and we're all laughing since it turns out Isa's got plenty of embarrassing stories she hasn't previously shared with us, and Coco tells us a story about Ruel's piano teacher. He snarls when Coco says her name, which makes me laugh even harder.

"I hated her! I would run away from her house whenever I had lessons and she actually stopped working as much because of me," he says, a scowl on his face.

(i pay way too much attention to his interviews)

Coco laughs, and Ruel makes a face at her. "Weren't we supposed to be playing truth or dare, not this stupid thing?"

"Yeah..." I start.

"So, ruel, truth or dare?" Coco asks, and he groans.

"Dare," he says, and realizes he's talking to Coco and says, "No, wait, truth," but she shakes her head and says, "we're shaving your leg," she begins, grinning, "but in stripes"

"That's unfair! I have a concert tomorrow!" he yells and throws a pillow at Coco as she walks into the bathroom and grabs a disposable razor and shaving cream.

While only one of Ruel's legs ended up shaved, the room ended up covered in shaving foam. Ruel threw some at Coco and it landed in my hair, and when he tried to run I ran after him with the can, and you can see how that went. I was not excited to wash my hair before my flight seeing as we had to leave at ten am and we'd just gotten back to our room as the grandfather clock in the hallway struck 7.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," I whisper to Ruel as I walk through the doorway into our bedroom.

He grins. "Can I come with you?"

I roll my eyes. "No, I have to wash my hair and be done in fifteen minutes so I can try to get some sleep,"

He groans and I roll my eyes yet again. "Fine, but no funny business," I tell him. "I need to hurry."

That went about as well as it sounds.

"We have to meet Nate in ten minutes," Ruel mumbles into the comforter, waking me up from my two-hour nap. I shoot up in bed and scramble to get up.

"I still haven't put conditioner in my fucking hair!" I shout, and realize I should probably be quieter as it's still early morning in a hotel.

As if on cue, my phone goes off and I see Michelle's calling. "I've gotten Nate to give you five extra minutes, but hurry!" I promise her that I will and run to the shower. Ruel tries to walk in behind me, but I shake my head and push him out with a quick kiss and a hard shove. Surprised, he falls backward onto the bed and I stick my tongue out at him, laughing as I lock the door.

__________________________________________________________

okay so i am aware this is terrible and that i don't edit when I'm supposed to but i've been busy so anyway back to normal schedule with an update either tomorrow or friday! thanks for reading this also 🥰

ALSO FUCKING AQUARELLE IS SO GOOD WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND