Chapter Twenty One

ahhh holy crap 1.1k reads thanks!!! i wouldn't have ever imagined this could happen so thanks for reading my writing! I'm going to try to actually make a decent plot line besides just their romance so expect a little bit of a delay between chapters!

new update coming in the next few days! hope you liked this chapter :)

also sorry about typos and weird formatting, I'm on mobile rn bc I'm too lazy to get my computer and I'm having trouble with it!

~Ruel's POV~

As I spin her around she smiles, and that's all I see.

We're not perfect; we're far from it. Even though we have our arguments and issues, at the end of the day I'm hers and she's mine, and that's all that matters.

Except for the fact that I keep tripping over my feet. She accidentally laughs out loud, and my face turns pink and I trip again, because of course I had to make a bad situation worse. Before I know it, we're next to each other on our backs and holding hands as we look at the stars. "Look- a shooting star!" she says giddily, and I smile.

As the last notes of "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran fade out she shifts onto her side and looks at me. "Do you know what I wished for?" she says, and I shake my head.

(ok I'm sorry but i can't even listen to that song anymore bc it makes me think of this time when my ex and i were dancing at a party to that song and that's just not pleasant to think about)

"Don't tell me, you'll ruin the surprise!" I say, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. She laughs.

~Cassandra's POV~

I shift into my side and prop my head up with my arm. "Can I say something crazy?" I ask, and bite my lip nervously.

He nods.

"I love you." I blurt out before I can think twice and second-guess myself. "I love you and I'm so hopelessly head over heels in love with you that it hurts, and every time I see you I want to just kiss you I love you so much. When we weren't talking I couldn't function without you, and that was less than twenty four hours. You're my other half, the yin to my yang, the milk to my Oreo and I can't do anything without you. Every time I see anything I'm always thinking about showing it to you, getting it for you, or telling you about it. When you're sad my chest aches because I love you so much that it pains me to see you hurting." I realize I'm rambling and decide to finish my embarrassing, long confession. "Ruel Vincent Van Dijk, I know I've only known you for a month and a half, but I am head over heels in love with you. If you don't feel the same, I understand, and I've kinda thrown myself at you, but I had to get it out." I finish with a shy smile, out of breath.

"Cassandra?"

"Yes?" I reply, nervous.

"I love you. I'm not good at the whole speech thing, but you're my everything and more and I love you more than the moon and the stars and the whole world combined. I, ah, actually have an important question, though." He says, shifting onto his side as well.

"Yeah?"

"I know it's a lot, and you'd have to miss more school and friends and stuff, but do you want to come on the full tour with me? Charlie and Isa can't do the Asia part of the tour since Charlie's sister is getting married then and she has to do some stuff back home, but... wait, you already know that. Anyway, I know it was dumb but I just wanted to ask because-"

I cut him off. "Yes."

He looks at me, confused. "Yes, dummy, I'm coming with you." I say, and scoot closer to him and kiss him.

He rolls us over and we kiss, slowly at first, but then more and more intensely. My hands automatically find their way to his hair, and his to my back and before I know it, his shirt is off and he's tugging at the band on mine. I nod, and soon after that we somehow end up standing up and he then carries me over to the mattress and gently sets me down.

"Are you sure?" he asks me.

I nod. "Ruel, I love you. Yes."

_________________________________________________

haha problem solved i split the chapter in two! here's an update but the next one will prob take a few days bc editing :)

also ok ew the way i wrote the ending i hate the whole 'i nod' thing but I'm sick of trying to come up with a transition so ugh that's that. it used to say i nod and he smiles but that sounds like ruel is some creepy perv or older man and nope nope nope i just can't do that okay bye ew i've said enough ew ew

-EDITED: I FIXED (ISH) THE ENDING! IT'S *less* CRINGE NOW

okay I'm retreading this (on july 6th) and i still hate the ending and i know i haven't edited in like a month and I'm so sorry but i have major writer's block. i will work on it tonight, though, and upload tomorrow! expect updates on tuesday's and friday's (that is, if i decide to be a reliable writer) and check back tomorrow at 5 pm CT (united states central time) for the next chapter!