Chapter Eighteen

I wake up at 7:30 and decide I need to do something with myself. I shower, and since I've got no new clothes from my room I change back into my concert clothes. 

I feel gross.

I hear a knock on the door and check to make sure it isn't Ruel. To my surprise, Nate's at the door. He looks exhausted and fed up.

"Hi?" I ask him.

He aggressively smiles. "Hey, sorry, rough morning."

"You too?" I ask. He grimaces.

"I'm not sure what happened between you and Ruel," he cautiously says, "but can you and Coco check on him? He appears to be... hungover." he says as if he can't believe his eyes. He sounds perplexed. "I've never seen him like this," he says and starts stressing.

"Don't worry, we'll check on him. Let me get her up," I say, and he looks reassured. 

"See you at breakfast!" he calls, and I smile and walk back in. After fifteen minutes, we're both ready and we head to Ruel's room. There's a half-full bottle of vodka balanced haphazardly on a chair with the cap screwed on crookedly, and there's a tall, hungover mess passed out on top of the bed. Coco turns the light on and I sigh and brace myself for the worst. Coco pats my back to reassure me and we cautiously walk over to the bed after shutting the door.

I try to be quiet as I walk over since he's obviously got a killer hangover. 

Wait, considerate? I ask myself and remind myself he cheated on me.

While I'm caught up in my thoughts Coco quickly takes the angry approach I'm leaning towards, and when she starts yelling he looks up. He immediately groans and shields his eyes, though I'm not sure if it's because of the light streaming through the thin curtains or because of Coco.

After a minute or two, his eyes adjust and they meet mine. It's like he's totally forgotten Coco. "Cass!" he exclaims and jumps to his feet.

Is he still drunk?

I groan, and Coco notices him moving and stops yelling. She runs to grab him when he stumbles into a billion things and finally collapses at my feet. Even when he's an ass, she's such a good big sister. If I wasn't so mad at him, it would be cute.

This man does not handle his alcohol well.

"Babe, I'm sorry!" he starts. 

Here we go. I roll my eyes, bracing myself. I'm beyond hurt, and I want to cry even more when I see the pain in my eyes but I steel my emotions because he doesn't get to push me around like this. Connor did that last time, and I know how that turned out...

He speaks, and my thoughts are interrupted. "You have to believe me, baby! It wasn't my fault!" he says.

Oh, so he's taking that route.

I stare at him coldly, trying to mask all the pain I'm feeling coursing through my veins. I keep trying to remember I've got no sympathy because of how bad he hurt me. "Whatever. I just need my stuff. Nate told us to get you up, so get up because I need to go pack. I'll be back after breakfast to get my stuff."

His face falls. "You're leaving?

I nod and grab jeans and a shirt before turning around and leaving the room. I know we need to talk, but if it goes as badly as that did then I'd rather go home without talking.

He runs after me. "Baby, at least give me a night to convince you?" He realizes his mistake right after it comes out of his mouth.

My face turns red from anger. "Don't call me that. I'm not your baby. I've got nothing to say to you; just go fuck the blondie behind my back again."