Chapter Twenty Five

"What do you want for dinner?" my mom asks me as I walk into the house after a late study session with some friends. 

I just want to go to my room and talk to Ruel. And then sleep. Melanie, a girl in my study group, was a complete bitch today and only asked me about getting her Ruel tickets, merch, blah blah blah...

"You're dating Ruel, right?" she asks, but continues before I can respond. "He's so dreamy... I've been a fan for almost a year and my life goal is to marry him."

Is she aware that we're still in high school and she's talking to his girlfriend? uh

She keeps talking. "Anyway, how was the tour? Also, can you call him right now and introduce us? Ooh, maybe he'll give you some merch to give us!" she exclaims, more to herself than to me."

I roll my eyes and focus on my English paper, but she hardly seems to notice.

"How did you guys meet, anyway? You're not that cool... I don't get how he would have even noticed you," she says as she whips out a compact mirror and reapplies her lip gloss. Bitch.

The two hours I attempted to "work" for continued like this and I finally made an excuse to go home.  She reminded me again to tell Ruel hi for her and I just ignored her and left.

"Whatever, Mom. I don't really care." I say, running a hand across my face. 

"Young lady, I understand that you're down, but you have no right to speak to people disrespectfully." 

I roll my eyes. "You understand? Really? Please, do enlighten me, and while you're at it why don't you explain the rest of my feelings to me. 

Her expression hardens and she looks taken aback, and mostly mad. I don't snap at my mom often, and I know this isn't her fault, but I just want to be left alone. 

"Cassandra. Go to your room, and while you're at it, why don't you hand your phone over for three days."

I step back. "Three days?  But mom, I have to talk to Ruel!" 

"Well, if you needed to talk to him that bad you should have been respectful. Hand it over."

I stomp over and roll my eyes as I hand my phone over. 

"Four days."

"Mom!!" I yell and stomp out of the room. "Just leave me be!" 

____________________________________________________________

~Ruel's POV~

Why isn't she answering?

I've called her twelve times.

Today. Yesterday I called her three, thinking she was just busy, but now?

I'm not so sure.

Call me desperate all you want, but I miss her.

Does she miss me?

"Ruel!" my mum calls from the other room, and I walk out of my dressing room and over to where she's standing. "You did a good job tonight!" 

I smile, but I know it doesn't meet my eyes. "Mum, we both know that sucked."

She shrugs. "Honey, I know you're upset about something, and you don't have to tell me what, but I just want to let you know I'm here for you."

I attempt to smile again. "Thanks mum."

We get back to the hotel around one am, and even though I'm exhausted from the concert I can't sleep.

I can feel her slipping through my fingers as I lie here.

Have I lost her?

_______________________________

hahahahahaha i posted finally and i know this was lowkey a filler but it's gonna get better i promise i promise

okay bye for now I'll post soon- sometime before Tuesday and then again on friday