Chapter Six

i woke up to the sound of my phone. i had a new message from an unknown number. who could that be?

I unplugged my phone and rolled over in bed. I was not about to get out of bed and definitely wasn't happy about this random number's text waking me up. I checked my phone and was immediately okay with waking up.

I jumped out of bed to get ready to go get coffee with him

I jumped out of bed to get ready to go get coffee with him. I definitely needed the caffeine today.

When I arrived at my favorite coffee shop with him, the blue bird, i went to talk to toni, the owner, for a minute. i hadn't seen her in a while and just wanted to check in- i had known her since i was six. by the time i got back into the main area of the cafe, ruel was already sitting down with two drinks in front of him. I sat down and he pushed one towards me. "how do you know which one i want?" I asked him suspiciously.

He grinned. "This is your favorite coffee shop, after all. they know what you like," he responded, "One vanilla latte with 1/4 of a pump of vanilla syrup." I was shocked, but happy. he seemed thoughtful and kind and not at all like a famous singer on his world tour. Thinking about this made me sad knowing he would leave in three days and we'd probably never meet again. "So..." he said. He seemed nervous, but it was kinda cute.

I realized I had been staring off into space for a good three minutes. My face reddened and he grinned at me. "Sorry!"

From there on we talked about everything: how new york was, our goals, how his world tour was going, about his friends back home and his normal life, what his travel schedule was, about his family. I hadn't even noticed how much time had gone by, but by this point we had each had too much caffeine. "wanna go to the park?" he asked.

when we got to the park the first thing he did was run to the swing set and jump on it. it was so funny and luckily i videoed the whole thing. i put it on my story and then put my phone away without thinking a thing of it. suddenly, ruel jumped off the swing and ran over to a grassy area and sat down, waving me over. the caffeine had clearly worn off of both of us. we sat for a while and maybe it was the afternoon sun or that i felt comfortable with him, but i fell asleep on his shoulder after a while.

when i woke up i looked up and stared right into ruel's eyes. we stayed in the same position for a minute. it felt nice to be so close to someone i cared about, even if i has only met him a few hours ago. slowly, he started to lean forward, and i guess i did too, and suddenly the boy i had gotten to know throughout the day wasn't my stranger anymore. 

_______________________________________________________

a/n okay so it finally happened!!!! woot woot! I needed this for my sanity so this is good. wonder how this is gonna change things... and ruel is on tour, how is that gonna work? comment your ideas or what you think will happen and remember to vote if you like it!

also I don't think I said this earlier but I also post ruel content on instagram on my two accounts-

@ruelvvd.ffaccount will have updates on when new chapters will be released

and

@ruelvvd.fanaccount will have photos of ruel, news about him, memes that I think are funny and really aren't, and edits (basically a general fan account)

also woot woot again! I have 300 followers on my instagram now and it's almost my 2 mo. account anniversary. yay!

okay love you guys bye!