Chapter Fourteen

As I walked into the airport with Ruel, I was stunned by how many fans were waiting for him. 

I was even more stunned by how many wanted to talk to me. 

"Cass, you're my idol!"

"Cassandra, you're gorgeous!"

"I LOVE YOU, CASSANDRA!"

"Cassie, he's so lucky to have you! If he hurts you, I'll beat his ass!"

Do I have... fans? 

Ruel and I are rushed past the crowd before I can stop to talk to anyone, though, and I instead start thinking about the venti-sized mango dragonfruit iced tea I'm gonna get from Starbucks. Probably not a good thing for an international flight, but still.

As we walk through security, Ruel begs me to go to Starbucks with him. He loves Starbucks' water. I don't get it, but whatever. I pay while Ruel goofs around and annoys the baristas working there, and we walk out hand in hand. Charlie runs up to me, Isa in tow, and drags me away, saying to Ruel, "Sorry, girl time!" He grins at me and blows me a kiss, but since the girls are dragging me away by my arms, I can only shrug awkwardly. Nice one, Cass.

"Guess who I just saw?" Charlie asks, and Isa's face turns pink. 

"I saw Mya." she shyly says, and we all grin and jump up and down. Ruel just looks at us strangely, and I playfully roll my eyes and wave him off, smiling.

"But that's not even the best part!" Charlie says, excitedly. "She's also going to London, so they're going on a date!" she squeals, and Isa hits her in the arm since she's talking pretty loud. I look at Isa, and for a split second, I see an emotion I don't recognize cross her face. 

Does she not want to see her? She is Isa's ex.

Isa, who's bi, dated Mya last year, but when Mya's parents moved abruptly to Seattle, they 'lost contact,' and neither of them will talk about what happened. I feel like there's more to the story, but Isa shuts us down whenever we start talking about it.

The gate attendant announces our call for boarding, and Nate and Ruel walk over to us to get us to stop talking and walk towards the gate. I'm seated next to Coco and Sylvie, which is excellent, so we can chat and have girl time.

______________________________________________________

okay so this is super short but I promise there's a reason for it! the next chapter is really really long so stay tuned!