Chapter Twelve

I woke up to the sound of the shower turning on. I walked to the bathroom and started to open the door but then realized Ruel was showering. I paused and yelled to ask him when he would be done and stumbled back into bed. I woke up again to the feeling of a body sliding into bed next to me, and I snuggled closer to it.

The body pushed me away. I rolled over and saw Charlie looking horrified. "Gotcha bitch... wait why are you in Ruel's clothes?" I started to respond but she cut me off, saying, "nevermind. I have news!!! Get dressed and come to the kitchen quickly."

I was confused. Was she pregnant? And how did she get inside anyway? "How are you in here?" I asked.

She laughed and left the room. Weird. I grabbed my sweatpants and put them on but left Ruel's shirt on since char and Ruel were the only ones around. I walked inside the kitchen and walked over to Ruel and kissed him. "Good morning." I said with a smile.

"Uhh.. I heard behind me and turned around to see my whole family, char and isa, Nate AND ruel's sisters coco and Sylvie.

I turned beet red. "Why are you in his shirt?" My dad asked and my mom hit him softly, getting him to shut up. "They haven't slept together." She said.

My face got a thousand times warmer. "Anyway," Nate said, clearing his throat, "we have a surprise for you."

They turned me around in circles and then placed two pieces of paper in front of me. One was a plane ticket to London, the other to a concert venue. My eyes widened. Charlie squealed and isa gave me a big hug, and I looked up in wonder at Ruel. He smiled and kissed the top of my head.

"Break it up, we don't need the pda." Coco said and my dad laughed, agreeing with her.

I smiled. "Pack your bags!" Nate said with a smile, and Sylvie hugged me on my way back to the bedroom to get my stuff.

My parents and Ellie and I rode back to the house after saying our goodbyes. my parents decided, or rather my dad did, to give me a talk about "appropriate activities with my boyfriend" in the car, which was embarrassing. Ellie hid her face, but I could see her recording the whole thing in snapchat the whole time.