13. Mind Your Own Business

Adailia's POV

I smiled victoriously to myself.

My plan was a success.

I managed to get Traashid and Seanna some alone time by dragging Caiden away with me. I hope they talk a lot about this and that and fall in love already.

I was a bit worried that Seanna might not be able to get Traashid's attention without Adailia(me) bullying her.

But how wrong was I. Traashid himself came and greeted Seanna first. Her 'female lead charms' worked. Yay!

I giggled but soon stopped when Caiden looked at me as if wondering if I ate something weird.

"Lady Adailia seems to be in a good mood." He commented.

"That's because I am." I said smiling.

"Lady Adailia, I may come off as rude but... May I ask you something?" He said giving me a serious look.

I nodded.

"Why would you..... Come with me outside, when you finally got to talk to his highness?"

Ahhhhhh-- good question.

I thought about it for a second. I just wanted the male and female protagonist to have a talk while the anti protagonist was not there. But to any outsider, it would seem strange for Adailia to do so.

"Sir Caiden...." I started thinking of a perfect excuse which would solve a lot of problems,

"I........have decided to move on from the Prince."

And like in any K-drama wind started blowing giving off that special effect as the moonlight illuminated on us perfectly.

Now only the background music was missing.

"Why now?" He asked, unable to stop himself.

"I always thought that the Prince was mine, and he loved me just as much as I did. Whenever he got angry and told me to leave..... I thought he would be fine the next day and so on. I continued to torment him unintentionally whenever I saw any girl near him. I couldn't help my jealous self back then. I thought it was all okay. But now... The Prince hates me to the point where there is no return. His eyes are cold... And I can't see love in them." I said with sadness clear in my voice. I don't even know how I am coming with all this bullshit on the spot. Guess all those sleepless nights imaging myself as the heroine in those K-dramas we're worth something.

"I think it's time for me to finally give up on him and move on." I said, sounding like a second female lead in a cliche romance book.

"Lady Adailia..." Caiden trailed off, trying to find the correct words after hearing my (made up) side of the story.

"It's okay Sir Caiden. You don't have to say anything." I said, motioning my hand forward dramatically to stop him.

"I just hope we can get things back to normal. Have a good evening." I said giving him a sincere smile before walking towards the ball door.

I entered the hall and was super happy about the another trick I just played. Now Caiden will surely tell this to Traashid and then he will forgive Adailia and not kill her. Plus, he can be together with Seanna without having to fear Adailia.