18. Chocolate

"Lady Adailia, I caught the man as you ordered." The knight said, bringing the evil stupid child kidnapper with him, with both his hands twisted behind his back while a sword was kept at his neck.

I let go of the little girl (let's call her Eunah's twin cause little girl sounds weird) who by now stopped crying. I glared at the man with my arms folded.

This was a serious case. This guy was basically kidnapping her and I'm pretty sure he isn't her father cause they look nothing alike. But in this world, you can't be sure about those things, so I decided to confirm it.

"Is he your father or any relative?" I asked Eunah's twin.

She shook her head no and my glare deepened as I looked at the kidnapper.

"Tell me right now what you were trying to do with this girl or I'm going to order the knights to torture you." I deadpanned.

I wasn't going to torture him but there's no harm in trying empty threats.

The man gulped and looked at anything that could save him or if he could just run but the second knight also withdrew his sword and pointed it at him.

"Spit it out!" I raised my voice.

But he still didn't speak anything.

I was on the verge of snapping and ordered, "Just bring him with us to the Mansion. I'll let the Archduke deal with him." I said emphasising on the word Archduke and that worked.

"Come o-" before I could finish my sentence a horrible scene was in front of me.

Red.

I shrieked (so did Seanna) and covered my ears, turning away from the scene and crouching down on the floor, trembling.

The man killed himself. Slicing his neck on the blade of the sword which the knight used to threaten him.

I felt like puking after remembering the blood spattering from his neck.

I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself down.

Never in my 29 years of life had I saw something like this.

"Sorry, Lady Adailia, you had to experience such a thing. We will clean the mess. Do not worry." One of the knights said.

After a few minutes, I was breathing normally and I looked at Eunah's twin, Seanna was trying to calm her and looked like it work.

"Are you okay?" I asked Eunah's twin.

She nodded.

The sun was gonna set soon, I need to get home before that.

"Where do you live, kid?" I asked Eunah's twin.

She thought for a minute but didn't reply and started moving in some direction. I followed her silently while Seanna and the knights followed me silently. There was no way I was going to leave a child roaming in these dangerous streets after what just happened.

We were soon in front of a big building.

"Isn't this Mac Eachern orphanage?" One of the knights said.

Oh, so this the famous orphanage from where all the nobles adopt a kid for their child. Wait....So that means....

I looked at Eunah's twin who expressionlessly walked towards the building.

Mac Eachern orphanage was named after it's founder and was home for all the kids who lost their parents in war or any other causes. They are later taken up by noble families. All the children here get the surname Mac Eachern, that is why Caiden and Mari have the same surname.