33. Mr. Dusty

"I think I might be in love."

Okay, this type of conversation is definitely something I should not eavesdrop on, considering the fact that I'm in a novel world where 99.9% chances are that I might get caught.

But you know what, fuck it.

"Oh wow, never thought we would find our Empress so soon." Caiden joked.

I was currently in the library, minding my own business (well, was) when Caiden and Raashid suddenly came over to the other side of the bookshelf, trying to find a quite a corner cause apparently, Raashid had some 'important' thing to discuss. None of us could see the other but I could hear them.

I decided to bring Seanna over to the library because I wanted to make her a part of our 'fujoshi club' so, Serina, Seanna and I could fangirl together.

Seanna was surprisingly very good at socialising and she totally hit it off with Serina. So when they were conversing about mages, I walked over to a shelf to grab a nice book when I heard these to kids talking about 'love'.

"So I need your help-" Raashid started but was cut off by Caiden, "Do I know her?" He asked, excitement clear in his voice.

"Yes, you do." Replied Raashid and I started thinking he was talking about Seanna.

Oh my God!!! He is in love with her!! Yess!! My ship's sailing!!! Wooohoooo!

But I still didn't let my thoughts get too ahead of myself. It literally could be any girl (It better not be though).

"How does she look? Is she nice?" Caiden asked again.

I could imagine Raashid blushing as he said, "She is pretty with these black hair... And she is amazing at keeping a conversation lively.... and funny."

That's definitely Seanna.

"What's her eye colour?"

"That's it. I'm not telling you anything more. Or you might guess who I am talking about." Raashid said with finality.

"And why do you not want me to guess?" Caiden asked.

"Who knows what you'll do to embarrass me in front of her."

"Like how you and Mari embarrass me in front of Mackenzie? Honestly, the last time she was in the palace you guys were giving me and her thumbs up and told us 'to keep it down'."

I almost snorted.

Now that I think about it, Caiden's character was that of a playboy, just a lot nicer and naive.

Girls kept swarming around him and when he was openly keeping a lover a few years back (with some girl who happened to ask him out first), other girls started crying whenever they saw them together (that's so weird but at least they didn't try to kill the girl) and Caiden felt sad that he was hurting people's feeling. So he broke up with her and stopped keeping lovers for a while. Then came the trend of secret lovers.

So Caiden kept plenty of secret lovers, till they were discovered and he broke up with them to not hurt people's feelings.

"That was Mari's idea, I just contributed." Raashid said and I imagined him smirking.

Caiden huffed and then asked, "So what do you need help for?"

"I just wanted to ask that.... How do you confirm it?" Raashid asked, a hint of shyness in his voice.

"Confirm what?"

I rolled my eyes.

"....confirm my feelings...that I actually love her." His voice was barely above a whisper.