23. The Guy Who Messed up My Life

Kyles and I started walking deeper into the forest in an awkward silence which I, definitely was not going to break.

Finally, Kyles spoke up first, " Why are you being so nice to me?"

Uhhhhhh- out of all the questions he could have asked.

"I'm trying to change." Was my simple reply. I can't lie to him that this is how I treat people cause the rumours about Adailia are spread throughout the Academy.

He looked surprised and was about to ask another question but I beat him to it, "Why did you ask me to be your partner?"

I already knew the answer but still asked cause I didn't want to be interrogated any further.

And the way he blushed after I asked him that just confirmed my assumption.

"I-I li-l" he stuttered.

Ohh! A confession?

I looked at him as he struggled with his words.

Aww! That's so cute!

" I-I...... Wanted to be your friend!" He finally finished his sentence and a look of surprise spread over my face before I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

He just friend-zoned himself!! Lol!!!

The kid also realised what he did and started sulking instantly.

"Okay. Then we are friends starting now." I said and he looked at me with a look of disbelief but recovered instantly and smiled brightly at me.

"Okay." He said, still smiling ear to ear.

"What's your power?" I asked, if he started asking shit about me, I'll have no clue and end up making some weird lie. Honestly, I should've got Adailia's memory or something, or at least pretended to have amnesia at the beginning.

"I can create and control electric sparks." He said.

Oh? So he is a Pikachu.

"Cool," I said and as we started going in deeper I realised that we won't be getting anywhere if we continued walking with this speed.

"Let's split up and search for the magic ball." I suggested.

"Uhh.. Okay.. But what about the key?" He asked.

"You keep it." I said and then we headed to different directions.

I didn't bother to search for the ball (since I already knew where it was) I just need to roam here and there and wait for Traashid to search the ball and end this thing.

I quietly walked around cluelessly, looking out for any sign of danger. I'll probably faint if I saw any monster here.

After what seemed like hours I saw something coming in my direction. I took out the dagger and hid behind a tree just to be cautious.

More crunching of leaves took place and just when 'that thing' was about pass, I felt something on my arm.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" I screamed and jumped out of my hiding spot and dashing into 'that thing' in process.

"WHAT IS IT?!?WHAT IS IT?!? OH GOD!" I screamed as my heart beat like it was going to break out of my ribcage any moment.

After a few seconds, my brain took control of me and I realised I was on top of 'that thing', and apparently, 'that thing' was a human, just covered in mud. I stared into those indigo eyes with a pinch of red and calmed down almost instantly.

Honestly, why am I running into Traashid (literally) so many times today?

And why is he taking so much time to process things?