29. Acquaintance

I knocked on the huge double door and a 'come in' came from the inside.

I opened the door and looked inside to see Raashid sitting on the couch with some papers in his hands. He gave some orders to the knight beside him before turning to look at me. The knight soon left the room giving me a silent bow.

"Blessings and Glory upon the future sun of Obelia." I said (I need to say this during one on one conversation, it's kind of like a rule) and bowed he nodded before saying, "Have a seat, Lady Adailia."

I took a seat on the couch opposite him.

Let's just quickly apologize before he sends me to jail. Maybe he'll forgive me.

"Your highness, I'm-"," I'm sorry." He cut me off.

Wait....... What did he just say?

"I apologise for not trusting you, Lady Adailia." He said looking at me seriously.

I just sat there, frozen.

He actually apologised to me.

"You're highness, you don't have to apologize. I totally understand why you don't trust me. In fact, it's me who needs to -", "No, you were right." He cut me off again, "All the things you said made sense. We only rescued caretakers and I thought something was wrong, though I couldn't pinpoint what it was." He explained, "You were right when you said I would've believed anyone of my men if they said the same thing as you, but I didn't trust those words because they came from you."

He paused, suddenly looking sad as he said, "You were right when you said, I'll make a shitty emperor."

"Okay stop." I said sternly (he is seriously making me feel guilty for saying such crude words to a kid), "I was just angry at that time, I didn't mean any of those words." (Maybe some of them though.....)

He looked at me again with a blank expression this time and I said, "Your highness, it's understandable why you don't trust me. I have done nothing but cause trouble and annoy you." I said thinking of all the cruel things Adailia did to Raashid, "But I beg you to believe me when I say I'm trying to change."

Talk bullshit mode: ON.

"I was madly in love with you. I was so blinded by love that I didn't realise what I was doing. But my eyes have finally opened, " I took a deep breath, so far so cliche, "I know I can't undo the sins I did but please give me a chance. Please forget all the stupid things I did in the past. Let's start from the beginning."

Eww. That made me cringe.

Raashid looked in my eyes probably searching for the truth in them.

Uhh...what kind of expression do I have?! Hope it's believable.

After what seemed like hours, he finally said, "Okay."

I sighed in relief and smiled at him, "Thank you for giving me a chance, your highness."

As I was about to leave, Raashid again said, "Wait, Lady Adailia, I have a few questions for you."

......What questions?

I sat back again and he asked, "How did you know that the kidnappers were in the tunnel and were advancing towards the East Portals?"

Ohh.... Shit! I was too busy cursing myself and worrying about going to jail that I didn't come up with any reason to explain how I knew this piece of information.

Thinkthinkthinkthinkthink...

"Actually....I caught one of their men a few days ago." I started.