52. I Love You

A few weeks had passed by since Ajhussi left.

And now it was time for Seanna to leave.

She had decided a week ago that she'll be leaving with Hayden for the West kingdom.

The two of them had talked things through and discussed their plans.

Seanna was still aspiring to be a mage's doctor and Hayden was fine with that (even if he wasn't, my family and I could make him fine with that).

Actually, the West Kingdom's pretty small, compared to Obelia so there wasn't much administrative work. Besides, Hayden was the second Prince, so according to the laws there, he would be awarded the duke's title a year later and would only have to take care of his land. So Seanna could pursue her dreams without any pressure of governing an entire kingdom.

A letter was already sent to Raashid regarding this inter-imperial marriage. Usually, inter-imperial marriages are arranged years before since changing citizenship was important.

When an inter-imperial marriage takes place, a lot of weird rumours spread among the commoners.

And one weird rumour about Seanna was spread amongst them which brought two heartless selfish bastards on our doorstep.

"Oh Seanna! We are so delighted to see you." Seanna's mother exclaimed clutching onto her hand, "Who would've thought a Prince from the west would take you as his concubine!"

My eye twitched and so did Seanna's, "I'm going there as his fiancee. " Seanna gritted out.

Honestly, why are her parents even here? They didn't recognise their own daughter a few months ago.

I was just taking a walk in the garden while memorizing another chapter for the last test (that was tomorrow) when I stumbled across this bunch.

Seanna was leaving later this evening (since all the mages were already finished with their last test and graduated a day prior) and I wanted to finish studying everything before giving her farewell.

"What are you doing here?" She finally asked after their blabbering was over.

"We are here to leave with you of course!" Her father exclaimed as my eyebrows shot up.

"Excuse me?!" I cried out, walking over to them before I could stop myself, "Who said you're going to the West kingdom with her?"

They looked at me and then quickly bowed before saying, "Lady Adailia, we are obviously going with her, she is our daughter."

Fame. He wants to go with her for fame.

I stared at the man with disgust before replying, "You can't go. She will be leaving in an hour or so. You're still a citizen of Obelia, you can't leave the Empire just like that. Seanna's had her citizenship changed a week ago." I told him.

Seanna was leaving this evening with Hayden who was picking her up with a Mage specialised in the art of teleportation. Usually, teleportation from city to city and Empire to Empire was strictly banned, since it gives an opening to terrorism and the priests and mages had set up a barrier so people won't be able to do it even if they tried.

Seanna was supposed to travel by a carriage at first. However, the West Kingdom and Capital city of Obelia were very far away. Hence, Hayden had already asked Raashid for permission to teleport in his empire, which he very reluctantly gave, only for Seanna's sake to make her journey easier.

She was all packed up to leave when these leeches came in.

"That can be managed. No?" Her mother said making me open my mouth to snap at her when Seanna beat me to it, "I'm not taking you anywhere with me."