twenty-five

𓁹𓂀𓁹

daniel sighed, wiping away the sweat that was on his forehead before huffing and groaning.

he stepped off the stool he was on to look at half of the room he already half painted grey for his son, not wanting to paint it blue as the stereotypical colour for boys. he wasn't gonna raise his son to think like the stereotypes.

"you should get some rest, dani, you've been at this since morning. jellybean doesn't have a very small room, you're not gonna finish it in one go," corbyn butted in as he walked into his nephew's future room.

"i know. i was just 'bout to."

the false blond huffed once more before waddling over to corbyn, who was here to take daniel baby shopping with jack who was already at buybuy baby waiting for them.

"can i change first? i've been sweating a lot," daniel questioned.

he was wearing a white shirt with oversized overalls on top of it, making his baby bump pop out more and make him look even more adorable.

"i think you look fine. and you look really cute in that outfit, keep it on."

𓆉𓆉𓆉

"took y'all long enough," jack grumbled when the siblings walked into the entrance of buybuy baby.

"well i'm sorry that i was busy painting our son's room while you were here, sitting and waiting for us while doing nothing! i was working my pregnant ass off since morning just to paint only half of jellybean's room, so if you're gonna be complaining for nothing, just hand over your card and leave," daniel hissed at jack with tears of frustration in his eyes.

"dani... are you good? it wasn't that se—"

"i don't care! he shouldn't be complaining when he hasn't done nothing this whole time i've been pregnant with jellybean but give me a fancy little apartment that you had to beg him for and buy one outfit for his own son! he didn't even pay for all the vitamins i have to take for jellybean, corbs- it's- it's just coming up to me..." daniel rambled while wiping at his unshed tears.

"daniel—"

"it was the hormones, i'm sorry. it was nothing really, i know it was a joke, it's just all these thoughts, i need to get them out—"

"no... nah, it's fine. let's just go shop for jellybean, alright?"

𓆉𓆉𓆉

"that one, that one! it's so cute, corbs. we have to get it for him!" daniel squealed as he waddled over to a gray crib with white painted stars on it that glowed in the dark.

"It-it's cute, dani. but maybe you should of got the crib first? 'cause... there's no more space..."

"we have two carts."

"there... they're both full."

daniel whipped his head around to look at the cart corbyn was pushing to see it filled with stuff animals and baby clothes plus little baby shoes and socks. then jack's cart filled with different baby bottles and bibs, then a huge ocean themed tummy time mat with diapers and wipes, a stroller/ infant car seat in one, plus a infant seat that bounces up and down and side to side.