31

Sydney buttoned up her work shirt and slid out of the room quietly. She may not have realized it, but he was already awake and deciding whether or not he was going to say bye.

Jaylen checked his phone, rereading over the text message he received earlier that day.

Domonique
I'm coming by today , that good w you ?

He hadn't replied yet but he knew that he wanted to say yes. Now it came down to deciding whether he would simply just like the message or actually text her back.

Out of the corner of his eye, he watched Sydney reenter the room to grab something she had left. "Gone already?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm bout to be late as fuck. And I'm not even walking right." He chuckled at the last part. Thinking back, they did fuck like dogs.

"Boy fuck you forreal!" She laughed. She leaned down to give him a hug and he kissed her cheek.

As to the extent of their relationship, neither person wanted to give it a label. They did not date but still, they were exclusive. She was at his house most of the time, and when they weren't having sex they did talk. She was as funny as Domonique made her out to be. Though he did miss her a lot, he found that he was getting used to her absence.

Jaylen stood up and followed her out the door. "Alright, Imma fuck witcha'," she gave him some dap. He stood there grinning at her getting in her car as another one pulled up. It was Wrenden, and in the passenger seat was Domonique.

He cursed himself for not replying to her message. He couldn't just go back inside the house now since they had already seen him. He watched as Domonique squinted her eyes and looked at Sydney pull out of the driveway. She put her head in her hands and Wren patted her back. After making sure she was good, she mean mugged Jaylen from the driver's seat.

"Alright, you gotta go. You want me to stay or what?" Wren asked. She saw the disappointment in Domonique's eyes and instantly felt bad. Both of them were family to her and she hated being stuck between them. However, it was clear whose side she was on. "Nawl, I got it."

Domonique got out of the car after hugging Wren. "I'll text you when I'm ready but this should only take an hour."

He stood against the door frame, shirtless. She ignored how good he looked standing there, and in her avoidance, she caught a glimpse of old, flaky blood where she lay just a few months ago. She blinked hard, wishing the bad memories away.

She walked right past him and into the house, ignoring whatever he had to say.

Initially, she wanted to talk everything through. Maybe this whole thing was just a huge misunderstanding. But in reality, her feelings were hurt after witnessing one of her only friends leaving the place she used to call home.

Domonique was not naive, though she was hoping for the best. The truth was that she got her confirmation. They were definitely seeing each other, and it made her sick.

Looking around, the place wasn't exactly as clean as she left it, but it wasn't bad. She walked up the stairs to her room and started to collect the rest of her things.

"Hold up," he touched her shoulder but she yanked herself back. He didn't even deserve the right to touch her or even get this close.

Everything was exactly as she had left it. The bed was unmade and the closet was a mess from all the things she had randomly grabbed and stuffed in a bag. She took out a suitcase and started throwing the rest of her things in there.

At the same time, he was taking things out and pleading with her. "Yo, can we talk about this first? You just got here and now you finna leave."

"That's the damn point," she said dryly. Going to the bathroom she put all of her products in a basket. Wrenden did have some natural hair products but none of them measured up to the ones she already had. These were her babies, and she carefully placed her twisting creams on top of one another.