Chapter 20 - Sinner

"Jesse? Jesse where the fuck are you?" I heard Tommy groan, as he was apparently walking out of my room. I was standing in the bathroom shaving, because today, Nathan invited me to have dinner at his place with his family. As much as I hated his father and big brother, I couldn't say no to my beautiful angel. I wanted to support him, so of course I accepted the invitation. I wanted to see how Nathan acted at home, especially around his father after he had... punched him. I still couldn't really believe that that had happened. 

Nathan had suffered severe damage and even needed stitches for heavens sake! I was just happy that I had discovered his wound and could help him before he would have fainted from blood loss or got an infection. His bloody father wouldn't even let him go to the hospital, not even with a lie. That was really dangerous and I hated him even more for that. He wouldn't even take responsibility for the wounds he had caused. And that his brother had held my Nathan in place and encouraged his father to do the unspeakable I- my whole body was hot in anger and frustration just thinking about it. Nathan didn't deserve this. And today, I would officially meet those arseholes. Except for his big brother, who had better things to do.

"In here " I yelled for my cousin, continuing to shave my face. I hated these people, them being Andrews family, well except for Nathan of course and I didn't know his other siblings, but nevertheless I wanted to look my best for today. I wasn't even his boyfriend or anything other than a good friend, but it was still important, that at least Nathan thought I looked presentable. 

"I was told to get you" Tommy said, entering the bathroom. "Why are you getting dressed? You don't have friends" he said and I rolled my eyes, which he definitely saw due to the mirror I was facing. Not that I cared. 

"I'm going to Nathan's for dinner. And for your information, I do have friends, real ones actually and not like your little fake group" I replied and Tommy rolled his eyes at me, but actually looked a little tense at my words. Maybe he knew that I was right, but then again, I could have imagined that. 

"Yeah whatever. Your parents are on the phone and want to speak to you" he replied and I froze in my place. I had been in the shithole of a town for over two months now and this was the first phone call I had received from them. The first... I should have been angry, which I was, but I couldn't help but be excited. They wanted to speak to me! They cared and they wanted to know how I was. I quickly cleaned my face, not even very properly since there was still a little bit of shaving cream left on my jawline, but I quickly pushed past Tommy and ran down the stairs. 

"A 'thank you Tommy for telling me', would have been nice, but whatever" Tommy called after me, but I was just focused on not falling down the stairs, that's how fast I was running. I reached the bottom of the stairs and as fast as possible, I ran into the living room, where we had our phone. When I entered, I saw Edward talking on the phone apparently with my parents and I tried to calm my breathing to not just pant into the phone, because of exhaustion. 

"Yes- I understand... of course, I can arrange that. Yes Oscar- oh I see Jesse is here. Would you like to speak to him?.....Oscar, please" Edward spoke, now turning slightly away from me and whispering into the phone "He's your son. Please just- yes thank you" 

Not gonna lie, that hurt like bloody hell. I gulped. Oh. So they didn't really want to talk to me. Of course. All excitement was immediately gone and the anger had now a bigger position in my mind. Those bastards....They didn't even call to ask about me, did they? What did I do wrong? Was I never enough? Just because I was getting in a bit of trouble in my old school? They didn't even expel me or anything, I just had detention a few too many times... and for that they didn't want to talk to me? Or did they simply not care. Yes that was it, it has always been it. Andreia and Oscar Davis were successful, fun and happy and traveled the world. And their son? Oh yeah he was probably still alive, who knew really?