Epilogue

2012 - (very important) !

That flight was one of the most nerve-wrecking things I had ever experienced. Nathan's and my mood went from being utterly happy and excited to start our new life, to being terrified that something would go wrong somehow, to crying together as to what we both, but especially my Nathan, had to go through to finally end up here, until we went back to being happy to finally have each other and hold the other's hand in public. Well, not really in public, it was still the 70s...I mean the end of that, but we were in a plane filled with religious people from Utah, so we didn't...show our affection for each other too much. 

After we landed, we did follow Tommy's advice and took the train to my old home...well I mean, a house I have never even lived in, but my parents bought shortly after I moved to London and away from that awful boarding school. It wasn't that hard to get into the house and luckily, I knew the housekeeper from our previous homes. She was such a sweet lady and cared for me and Nathan, exactly knowing who he was to me. But that sweet old lady didn't care and made sure we had some quiet first weeks in England. Mostly Nathan and I spend the time in bed, cuddling and just holding each other, while we waited for my parents to come home from their long vacation. 

After about two months, they finally showed up, obviously not expecting to see me there, even though Louis must have told them already, that I had been missing as well as my partner. They were very surprised and I introduced them to Nathan, my boyfriend. They didn't really care and were actually quite polite to my love, welcoming him in their home. After I had a short fight with them, because...well they were my asshole parents and just...ignored me again, I sat them down, explaining the situation. I told them about Nathan and me and what we had to go through this past year. Then I told them, how much I loved him and that I needed to spend my life with him, because he was my soulmate. 

I can't say they cared much, but they actually like my angel, but who wouldn't, and simply...gave me my money back. They actually did that...I can't tell you how happy and relieved I was. And Nathan...oh he cried so much, hugging and thanking them and it was just...very emotional to say the least. Because we had been very stressed the first two months we spend in freedom. After all, there was a possibility of my mum and dad not giving me the money and even telling people where we were. But thankfully, they didn't care enough to do that. My parents left the next day to go to Spain for a 'quick vacation', that took 4 months and Nathan and I spend the rest of the year living in that house, mostly alone. We applied to many colleges, trying to get into the same one and when we both got accepted in San Francisco, I can't tell you how happy we were. 

The next summer, we moved into a beautiful apartment, that my love decorated with so much care and we went to college. Nathan studied biology, before getting into medical school and I studied Philosophy with literature in my subsidiary, finishing long before him. But it was ok, because after I finished college, I spend some time researching to write a book about the philosopher Philo of Alexandria, which was an honour to write and I got to take my love on a few amazing trips all around Egypt, where he lived, and even to Greece once. I continued writing books mostly about philosophers or theories and Nathan finished medical school and became a doctor. 

We kept in touch with Micah, Tommy and also Julie, who took my leaving pretty hard at the beginning, but came around in the end, because she knew I could have never been happy living there and without my love. I called Micah at least once a week and turns out, his home life wasn't all too great. He had tried to keep it from me, but when I called his house, I slowly realized in what kind of situation he was actually living in. 

Apparently, his father left when he was very young and his mother suffered from severe depression. His 'piano lessons' were actually him going home and caring for. Cooking, cleaning everything, bathing her. It broke my heart, because he had to learn how to deal with it from a very young age and I hadn't helped him enough. So as soon as I got back my money, I made sure, that his mother was put in a psychiatric hospital for a while, so she could get better and payed for their groceries and everything. When Micah turned 18, I send him a ticket for San Francisco and he came to visit me and Nathan. Now he has a lovely wife, a daughter and became a psychiatrist.