Chapter 28 - Tales of a drowning Boy

At some point that day, I drove Nathan home, but let him hop out the car down the street of his house, so his dad wouldn't know we were 'hanging out' and with hanging out I mean, cuddling and kissing the day away, making me the happiest guy alive. I never wanted Nathan to leave again, but I knew he had to be home on time, otherwise god knows what would have happened with his dad again and I did not want to risk that. 

Sunday, he had to help his arsehole of a brother in church, so I was a mixture of excited and reluctant when Monday finally arrived. Yes I would get to see my love, my boyfriend, again, but I would also have to see him with Mary-Jane. I didn't like that at all, but what could I do? Nathan couldn't break up with her and she wouldn't break up with him. Not right now at least. The only thing I could hope for was, that maybe one day, Nathan and I could flee this town with my money and start a new life somewhere else. But that was in the future, right now, we were only two days together, so we would cross that bridge when we had to. 

When I entered the school and went to my locker, I couldn't help but smile at the thought of now having two periods in which I could just look at my angel and admirer him. My angel...or rather my boyfriend! Micah was waiting in front of my locker, looking rather anxious, especially when he saw me approaching him.

"Jesse! Oh thank god, I thought something bad had happened with Nathan after I left on Friday, because you didn't show up again. Or are you just hiding your feelings right now? Its ok Jesse, he isn't worth it" Micah softly spoke and I had to smile at how he cared for me. It was so sweet how he saw me as his big brother, but still found the courage in his heart to try and protect me from getting hurt. It showed that he cared for me like I cared for him. 

"No it's ok Micah I uh...yeah we had a fight out there and I walked away, because I was pretty...hurt. I wasn't in a good place after that, but then...Nathan came after me and told me...how he really felt. He loves me and, uh, now we are a couple" I said, barely able to hold back my excitement anymore. I had to whisper, so others wouldn't listen in on our conversation, but actually, I wanted to scream the last part from the top of my lunges. Micah's face brightened at my words and a big smile appeared on his face.

"Oh my god I'm so happy for you two! You guys are really together now??" he cheered and I chuckled. 

"We are....I asked him- well, he kind of asked me, but it doesn't matter. We are a couple, but of course only in secret. He still has to act like he's together with Mary-Jane, which I hate, I can't lie about that part, but if that will keep him safe, I'm ok with it" I replied and Micah frowned a little, but nodded. Yes the situation wasn't ideal, but at least I had my love now and I could give him a little bit of happiness. Speaking of my beautiful boyfriend, he had just entered the school and immediately spotted me, smiling shyly but happily, as he walked over to me and Micah. 

"H-Hi guys" he said and I bit my tongue to not chuckle at his attempt to act normal, since of course he didn't know if I had told Micah already and the people around us should definitely never ever know. "Hey" I smiled at him and now his eyes were fixated on me. We just got lost in each other's eyes, knowing that we were staring at our boyfriend, that I loved him and he loved me and Micah was chuckling at our cheesiness. Maybe I would care, but we were simply lost. I leaned down and towards Nathan's ear as I whispered "I really want to kiss you right now"

Nathan blushed and I think he wanted to smile, but then he remembered Micah's presence, who was the only one in the hallway, who payed attention to us and could find out about our secret relationship, so my love gently pushed against my shoulder, making me retreat before he nudged his head in Micah's direction discreetly. "Its ok love, I told him. He won't ever tell anybody, ok? He kept Danny's secret for a long time...its ok" I reassured him and I really wanted to just hug him or touch him, but that would have been too obvious.