Chapter 40 - Turning Point

The finals came quicker than we thought and were kind of actually very stressful. Nathan and I studied a lot to prepare for them and when I say studying I mean taking a break approximately every five seconds to make out or even repeat what we did on his birthday. But it was ok, because Nathan aced all of the exams and I didn't even think he would do worse than an A in every subject to begin with. I myself did pretty ok as well, I couldn't complain. To celebrate, we went out to dinner, because my uncle and aunt, as well as Nathan's whole family, missed to congratulate us on our achievements. It wasn't a big deal to them, apparently.

So instead we took Micah and I even invited Tommy and Julie as well and we had a great time together, except that Tommy made some snappy remarks approximately every five seconds, like always. Julie was very sweet the whole time and had directed her crush from Nathan now to Micah, who was still too old for her, but it was pretty cute and also kind of funny to see how awkward Micah got whenever Julie shamelessly flirted with him. 

Nathan and I had to hold back in front of my cousins, of course, but that was ok, because at least we got a little bit of celebration. It was also kind of a goodbye dinner. We still had prom in a couple of days, but this was a good opportunity to mentally say goodbye to all of our close friends. To my surprise, Nathan didn't want to invite Mary-Jane. 

My love was pretty nervous about leaving so soon. He was afraid that something was going to go wrong or that his parents or my aunt and uncle would find out and separate us forever. But I promised him that wouldn't happen. He just had to hide his ticket very well and we would be fine. Literally nobody knew about our plan. Not even Micah. I had prepared a letter for him, explaining my reasons to leave so suddenly and a number where he should call me, so I could make sure he was ok. I even hired a guy from Micahs chemistry class, a jock, to look out for him next year. Its not that I didn't trust Micah, but it was just a little safer that way, especially for him. 

Graduation was in two days and Nathan and I would leave that evening. I had already packed a bag and hid it under my bed, but it basically just contained a few clothes, my passport and a little bit of money. Nathan had also already given me his bag with the same things and Sugar, so his parents wouldn't find out. Especially now that the finals were over, Nathan was very affectionate and clingy, but I loved every second of it. He also became a little reckless, like sneaking out of his house, but just because he knew all of this would be over soon. 

Like today. In two days we would leave and we had planned to stay at home. Nathan at his and me at Louis and Edwards. That was, until I received an interesting phone call from my angel. His sister surprisingly went into labor and his whole family went to the hospital to wait for the baby. Nathan had decided to stay home, well he faked being sick, because he didn't want to meet the baby and get attached, when we were so close to leaving. He asked me to come over and sneak into his room. The house would be empty at least until tomorrow morning, since childbirth could take some time and I hesitated. I mean, it was risky. Sure his family wouldn't come back soon, but we never really were ourselves except in the van, so I just had a bad feeling. 

But Nathan told me, that I was being silly and if it would make me feel better, I could just come over for an hour and then leave again, just to be safe. And that was what I did. I drove to Nathan's house and even parked down the street, so just in case somebody we knew would drive by, they wouldn't connect the dots. I also climbed through his window, so his neighbours wouldn't see us and tell his parents. Nathan chuckled at how silly and overprotective I was, but those were just basic safety measurements. 

He immediately embraced me in a kiss and I returned it. At some point, we landed on Nathan's bed, me between his legs and neither of us wearing shirts. I carefully had opened Nathan's pants and pulled them down, as well as my own, so we were only in our underwear. It was different laying in an actual bed while we did this and I loved how Nathan just closed his eyes and enjoyed how I was kissing him, while palming him through his boxers.