Part 16: My Date With Illustrious.

As me and Illustrious walked side by side, hand in hand, and Unicorn skipping down the road in front of us,I turned to Illustrious as she did the same. I could see that she was blushing a bit and I figured it was from us holding hands.

Jacob: Hey, we don't need to hold hands if you don't want to you know?

Illustrious: No, Commander. I do, it's just, it caught me off guard that's all.

Jacob: I'd just figured I'd ask cause I saw that you're blushing so.

That's when I felt Illustrious's grip tighten and I did the same. We walked in silence for the next few minutes after that.

Illustrious: Where would you want to have the picnic, Commander?

Jacob: Anywhere's fine really. I don't care if we have it at the park, the beach, or anywhere else. As long as we get to spend time together.

I saw that Illustrious was blushing a little more now. After that, we decided to have the picnic in the park.

(A few minutes later)

Location: Town Park.

We were now in the town park. Me and Illustrious just finished laying the blanket down while Unicorn was playing with her stuffed unicorn. I placed the basket of food in the middle of the blanket as I layed down on one end. Illustrious giggled when I laid down and all I did was smile.

Jacob: So, when we gonna eat?

Illustrious: We could eat now if you'd like?

I looked at Unicorn who was playing in the grass with her stuffed toy.

Jacob: Let's wait awhile. I'd hate to stop her fun right now.

Illustrious: If that is what you want, Commander.

Jacob: C'mon now, we're on a date so would it kill ya to use my name instead of "Commander?"

Illustrious: *Giggles*

I chuckled a little bit.

Jacob: So, after this, what's your plans for the next part of our date?

Illustrious: I was thinking that we could head to the mall and do some shopping after.

Jacob: That sounds good to me.

Illustrious was sitting next to me as we watched Unicorn play for a few minutes.

Illustrious: So Jacob, I have a question.

Jacob: I'm all ears.

Illustrious: What are your plans after you defeat the Sirens?

Jacob: *Thinks*

Jacob: Honestly, I don't know. I haven't really thought about it at all. But, I'd like to lay down for awhile after. Like, you know, get married and all that.

Illustrious: I see. Do you plan to retire from being commander?

Jacob: Honestly, no I don't.