Part 18: The Paradise That Embodies Heaven!

I slowly started to open my eyes as I saw light shining in through the window. I started to sit up as I placed my hand to my head and I let out a small groan.

Jacob: *In low voice* I wonder how long...I was out for this time.

That's when I heard breathing next to me. I looked down and to my right and I saw Illustrious sitting in a chair. She was laying her head on the side of the bed sleeping. That's when I smiled softly and placed my hand on her head and started rubbing.

Jacob: Thanks for watching over me, Illustrious.

???: She never left your side while you were out.

I looked up and saw Belfast standing at the door.

Jacob: I see.

Belfast: How are you feeling, Master?

Jacob: Better now. Still a little tired though.

Belfast: Then you should get some more rest.

Jacob: I'm fine. Where are we at right now?

Belfast: We are heading back to the main base, Master.

Jacob: I see. Well then, maybe I can rest for a while longer. I was going to let everyone know that we were done.

Belfast: No need to worry about that, Master. Just get some more rest. We should be back home shortly.

Jacob: Okay then. I'll just take it easy in here until we get back.

Belfast: I didn't mean you had to stay in here.

Jacob: I know, but I'd hate for her to wake up and see that I'm not here.

I looked down at Illustrious and smiled.

Belfast: Understood, Master.

I saw Belfast turn and was about to walk out of the room.

Jacob: Hold on Bel.

Belfast: Do you need my assistance?

Jacob: No, I just... I wanted to thank you for pulling me out of the water after the fight. I was so tired from my fight with Arbiter and my evil self. So thank you.

Belfast: I only did what was expected of me as your maid. My apologise for being blunt, Master.

Jacob: No need Belfast. I know you care for me like everyone else.

Belfast: I'll leave you to rest now, Master. But before I go, I need to know, Did you mean to pull through that close? You were close to dying.

Jacob: No. I wasn't trying to call it that close. The First Host told me that something was wrong with my evil self. He told me that it was stronger than normal.

Belfast: I see. I'm happy to hear that you weren't trying to lose.

Jacob: Why would I try and lose now? I'd be giving up you all.

Belfast: What do you mean by that, Master?

I stood up and walked over to Belfast before I wrapped my arms around her as I hugged her.