Part 23: The Brutal Truth...That Reminds Me of That Day. (Contains Lemon)

(As the title says, there will be a lemon scene later in this part. Fair warning now, but I'll warn you all when that scene comes up so don't worry)

(Insert "Azur Lane THE ANIMATION Soundtrack 1 (14. Enterprise) here. Again, the audio is muffled and I apologize for that.)

I stood there, sword pointed at Alterprise for a couple of seconds before I switched around the swords in my hands, putting them behind my back, as I started running towards her. I never took my eyes off of her, not even for a second. As I charged Alterprise, she never moved, keeping her bow aimed at me. Despite this, I didn't stop my charge. I wasn't scared, I was only determined to protect my friend. 

I took one last step with my right foot, and that's when everything when into slow motion. The next thing I knew, Alterprise was right in front of me, in the air, with her bow aimed right at my head.

Jacob: *thoughts* You're fast... But I'm fast too.

In split second, as everything was moving normally, Alterprise let her arrow fly. I ducked to my left as the arrow passed just behind my back, missing me and hitting the water. That's when everything went into slow motion again. I still kept my eyes on her as I was looked up at her slightly.

That's when everything was moving normally now as I slammed my left foot to the water. I slid a bit before jumping towards Alterprise as I slashed at her. Alterprise jumped back as my attack missed her. I turned towards her as I charged her once again. Alterprise shot another arrow at me that split into a few more arrows. I spun clockwise as I slashed one arrow before slashing down through another arrow. The other arrows flew passed me and as I looked up, I saw hundreds of arrows flying at me. Instantly, I corkscrewed through them and not a single one of them hit me.

A few more arrows were sent flying at me, so I slashed a couple of them before spinning and slashing a few more. That's when I jumped in the air slightly as I spun, feet in the air, as I slashed the last arrow. Right as my feet touched the water, I jumped high into the air as an explosion happened where I last stood. I jumped over all the water with my back facing the water's surface.

As I flew over the water, I started falling back towards the ocean. I slashed a few more arrows as I landed on the water. As I landed, I rolled onto my feet as I continued running at Alterprise. She shot a few more arrows at me. I slashed through them before Alterprise shot more at me. I slashed down though one, spun and slashed through another, spun and blocked one behind the back, jumped slightly and slashed another, spun and slashed diagonally. 

That's when I lunged at her and now, I was right in front of her. I slashed at her stomach, but missed as she jumped back. That's when I spun and tried to kick her, but I missed again as she jumped back once more, but this time, she jumped farther back as she charged up an arrow. Once she let the arrow fly, it split into several more. I rushed Alterprise again as I dodged to my left as an arrow flew passed me. I swung upwards and diagonal as I slashed another arrow. That's when I jumped in the air slightly as I slashed another arrow.

Once I landed, I slashed another arrow as the others passed me. That's when I switched the sword in my right hand to where the blade was pointing behind me as I picked it up right in front of my face, blocking the last arrow. I left my sword there for a second or two as I continued to run towards Alterprise. Then, I lowered my sword slightly, just enough to reveal my eyes as I looked up at Alterprise. I continued to run at Alterprise as she looked shocked. My guess was that she did expect me to survive, much less making it out without getting hurt.