Chapter 6: Let the battle... begin!

Originally Posted: April 2020 (exact date unknown)

Edited: March 15, 2021

~

As we watched the first battle, Midoriya surprised me. He had knowledge that he had collected from different pro heroes —in that notebook he always carried around, I assume— of which he used to increase his own skills and repertoire. I didn't expect Uraraka and Midoriya to win, due to Bakugo's brutality and combat skills, and the fact that Midoriya only seemed to be able to use his quirk a little. But, they did.

It wasn't much of a win though, considering that Midoriya got so banged up.

Shoji and Todoroki's battle barely lasted a minute, with Todoroki showing the strength and power of his quirk, along with his good, practiced control in using it.

From then on, I stopped giving the screen my complete attention, instead deciding to consider my strategy in versing Kaminari and Jiro.

Across the room, I could hear them talking.

"This will be an easy battle! She's outnumbered, and as the villains we have the upper hand!"

"You're forgetting something," Jiro pointed out.

"What?"

"We don't know her quirk."

"Sure we do, she did—"

"Then tell me, what is it?"

"It's... it's... well, I've seen her in action, so I know how she fights." Kaminari scrambled for an answer.

"So, even seeing her fight, you don't know what she quirk is?"

"Well... I never had the chance to see her use it."

"Idiot. We can make it work. The odds are in our favour. Let's try to keep them that way."

I stopped listening. I wanted to keep the nature of my abilities under wraps, but to grow as a hero I would have to give it my all...

Jiro had the ability to hear where I am, so I could always dull her ability to do so... But, I'd have to be able to touch her first. Which meant I had to find her first when I went in— and hope she didn't know when I was approaching.

From the way Kaminari talked about his quirk, his electricity doesn't affect him. However, the pain from the electricity might. I could work with that.

They'll probably wait for me to find them, guarding the weapon, because they don't understand or know what my quirk is.

The odds aren't in my favour, but I can make it work.

~

I stood outside of the building, going through the floor plans. Which place would make the most sense to hide a weapon? To spring a trap, or sneak attack?

The inside of the building looked dark, so I would blend in well. The problem would be that they would always know where I was.

The battle would start any second now. "Let the battle... begin!"

That was my cue.

There was no point trying to hide at the moment, so I entered through the front door. The interior of the building was dark, the shadows of the halls only broken by the light beaming in from the windows. The surfaces were covered in an unfamiliar material, which was smooth and flexible to the touch. I pressed a finger into one of the tiles, and the tile reverted to its original state when I pulled my finger away.