Chapter 10: I'm sure you already know

Originally Posted: April 2020 (exact date unknown)

Edited: April 1, 2021

~

The swirling cloud of purple-black mist grew in front of the fountain, before pulsing and exploding across the back wall of the facility.

I sensed new emotions entering the area, though they were fuzzy with the distance. It must be some sort of portal quirk, then.

But aren't those incredibly rare?

People began entering through the mist.

"Wait a minute, training has started already? But I thought we were rescuing people," Kirishima voiced the confusion we all were feeling.

"Stay back." Mr. Aizawa put on his goggles. "This is real. Those are villains."

There was a collective gasp.

Villains? Why are villains here...?

"So you scumbags used the press as a cover and sneaked onto campus." Mr. Aizawa's bandages began floating around him.

He's going to fight?

Thirteen held an arm out, keeping us back.

"What? Real villains? No way... how could so many of them get into a UA facility this secure?" Kaminari questioned disbelievingly.

"Teacher, what about the trespasser sensors?" Yaoyorozu spoke to Thirteen's back.

"We have them, of course, but..." She replied, turning slightly to look at Yaoyorozu.

"Did they only appear here, or around the whole school? Either way, if the sensors are not responding, that means that they have someone with a quirk who can do that. An isolated area separated from the main campus during a time when a class is supposed to be here. They might be fools, but they're not dumb. This surprise attack was carefully planned with some sort of goal in mind."

People gasped, but I stayed silent, pondering what Todoroki said. My eyes followed the approaching villains— more and more of them were appearing.

"Thirteen, start the evacuation. Try calling the school. These villains even had something to counteract the sensors. It's possible someone with radio-wave-type powers is interfering. Kaminari, you try contacting the school with your quirk, too," Mr. Aizawa instructed.

"Yessir." He lifted a hand to the radio headset that was part of his costume.

"What about you, sir? Will you fight by yourself? With that many, even if you can erase their quirks... Your fighting style is capturing after erasing the enemy's quirk. A frontal battle is..."

"You can't be a hero with just one trick. I'm leaving it to you, Thirteen." With that, he leaped into battle.

Within seconds, he had taken down three villains, then another two. Thirteen ushered us to the door, and we began running. But, I saw Midoriya watching so I hung back.

"This is no time for your analysis, we have to take shelter!" Iida warned.

"He's right Midoriya. We have to get moving. Come on," I advised.

Midoriya followed us back to the group, but just as we rejoined the group, the purple-black mist teleported in front of us. "I won't let you."

We stopped.

He had a deep voice that came from somewhere inside the mist, and yellow slashes for eyes. "Nice to meet you. We are the League of Villains. It may be presumptuous of us, but we may have invited ourselves into the home of the heroes, UA High School, in order to have All Might, the Symbol of Peace, take his last breath."