Chapter 63: Nine more people

Tokoyami's body was almost completely encased by a vicious-looking Dark Shadow, who was clearly the one in control. Tears were streaming down his face.

Almost on instinct, I reached out with my quirk.

I had to stop myself from taking some of his pain away. It seemed like it was alright to reach out with my quirk, but I knew from experience that using it wouldn't turn out as well.

"Kacchan!" Midoriya cried out.

"Shoji and Midoriya? And... Tokoyami?!"

"Hurry up and make light! Tokoyami's out of control!"

No... Dark Shadow, is out of control.

"Indiscriminate attacks, huh? Alright then, I'll use my flames."

"Wait, idiot." Bakugo held out a hand.

He must have an idea.

"Flesh... piece of meat... it's no good... I can't allow it... I'm the only one who's allowed to look at the cross-section of those kids..."

The villain slowly rose from the ground. "Don't steal them from me!"

He skewered Dark Shadow's head with a couple of metal bars. "Don't beg... small fry!"

Dark Shadow's eyes flared, and it wrapped around the villain, breaking it's weapons.

"Look."

Dark Shadow attacked it relentlessly, quickly putting the villain out of commission.

I couldn't help but stare in a mixture of horror and awe as the villain was slammed against a tree trunk, and slid limply to the ground.

Then Dark Shadow roared.

"I haven't had nearly enough fun yet!"

But then came Todoroki and Bakugo, subduing the shadow with the light of their quirks.

Dark Shadow shrunk quickly, disappearing into Tokoyami.

"I'm a bad match-up for you."

"Sorry... thanks for saving me."

"Tokoyami, are you alright? You did a good job doing what we asked."

"Sorry, Shoji... you too, Midoriya. I was too immature... I let my anger take over and released Dark Shadow. The influence of the darkness and my anger spurred on that guy..." His head dipped lower. "In the end, it got so strong that I couldn't hold it back and ended up hurting Shoji."

"We can leave that for later. That's what you would say, right?"

He looked up, and Midoriya smiled.

"This just shows you where you need to improve. What you need to work towards." I said, and Tokoyami turned to me.

"Oh, right! We confirmed that one of the villains' targets is Kacchan."

I eyed his wounds, wondering if that had something to do with it.

"Bakugo? Are they trying to kill him? Why?"

"I don't know. Anyway, I think the camp is the safest place, since there are two pros —Vlad King and Mr. Aizawa— there."

"I see. So now our mission is to escort Bakugo there, huh?"

I guess I can tag along with them... since my previous goal was to warn them about the extra people around. But once I awoke they already knew.

"But at the clearing, the Pussycats are still fighting. Going back on the path would bring us to the attention of the villains, and we'd lose time. We should cut straight across."