Chapter 64: Give him back!

"The boy you're talking about— I took him with my magic." He tossed a blue marble up into the air, catching it lightly. "This talent isn't someone who should be on the hero side. We'll take him to a stage where he can shine more"

That isn't true. All quirks can be used for good... I'm sure.

But nobody here knows what his quirk is exactly.

"Give him back!"

"'Give him back'? That's a strange thing to say. Bakugo doesn't belong to anyone. He's his own person, you egoist."

"Give him back!"

"Move!"

We backed out of the way as Todoroki sent ice towards him, which the man easily avoided with a swift jump.

Another one of the villains. A second one of the four we could've run into. But what's his quirk?

"We simply want to show him that the path he's on now with its fanatical values is not the only path he can take."

"Fanatical"? What does he mean by that? Is that how he views the values of heroes? ...why would he think that?

The masked man landed atop a tree, his long yellow coat settling. A red-gloved hand pointed his stick towards us.

"Kids these days are made to choose their paths based on their values."

"It's not just Bakugo! Tokoyami's not here, either!"

I held my tongue, trying not to make a rude comment. Now wasn't a good time for anything of that sort.

"To go out of your way to talk to us... you're underestimating us."

Before the masked man could say anything, I interrupted, shaking my head. "No, not at all. What he said earlier... 'We'll take him to a stage where he can shine more.' He's a performer of sorts. He's putting on a show."

Though I couldn't see it, I could sense the fact that he'd smiled. "Very good. I was originally an entertainer, as you said. It's a bad habit of mine. Taking Tokoyami was an improvisation on my part." He closed his fist, before reopening it to display two turquoise marbles held between his fingers. "Moonfish... the man with 'Blade Tooth"... he may not look it, but he's a cutthroat on death row whose appeal was dismissed. With a violent nature that trampled that cutthroat down one-sidedly, I decided that he was good too."

"You b*stard! Don't take them!"

My eyes widened, and I glanced to Midoriya in surprise.

Ba... stard? Did I hear him right?

"Midoriya! Calm down!" He slid the unconscious Class B boy off his shoulders. "Uraraka, take him."

She caught him. "Right!"

Todoroki stepped forward, sending another, even larger, wave of ice towards the magician.

I shivered from the cold breeze.

I only have half a shirt here, dude! And it isn't even long sleeved.

Patches of ice crystallized on the right side of his cheek and neck, as well as on his clothes.

"Sorry, tricks and running away are my only redeeming features!" He called down to us from above.

How is his top hat staying on his head? ...no. Now's not the time for that.

He tucked the two marbles in his pocket. "There's no way I'd fight students who are hero candidates." He tucked his hands behind his head as he continued to freefall. "Vanguard Action Squad! Target successfully collected! It was just a short while, but with this, our show has now come to a close! As arranged, head to the retrieval point in the next five minutes!"