Chapter 17: He wasn't right either

Originally Posted: April 2020 (exact date unknown)

Edited: April 9, 2021

~

I sat silently listening as my classmates chattered about the news. It felt like everything was back to normal, sitting here in homeroom hearing all their noise. It was nice to be back at school; to pretend that everything was normal, and that we weren't just confronted with the threat of death.

And we definitely could've been in some trouble, since All Might was injured by that Nomu-thing. We would've been toast if Nomu had won.

That reminded me: I was going to have to talk to him or a teacher about what I had felt from Nomu, because the police had never gotten the chance to talk to me.

Maybe I could ask Midoriya to tell All Might that I needed to speak with him.

My thoughts drifted to the piece of paper tucked into the inside pocket of my uniform jacket. I hadn't texted the number yet. I was hoping that I would be able to get some advice from one of the girls here about what to do.

I didn't have that much experience with this sort of thing.

That's a little saddening— not knowing how to go about making friends...

I was shook out of my thoughts by Iida's yell of, "Everyone! Morning homeroom is about to start!"

I had to stop myself from groaning. I didn't dislike Iida, but sometimes he was a little too enthusiastic about rules and school. "Stop talking and take your seats!"

"We're already in our seats," Sero pointed out.

"You're the only one who's not!" Reminded Kirishima.

Iida grumbled and sat down in his seat.

"Tsu, who's... gonna teach homeroom today?" Ashido wondered.

"Well, Mr. Aizawa is supposed to be in the hospital recovering from his injuries..." Asui started, only to be interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Good morning." My head snapped to the owner of the voice, to find a heavily-bandaged Mr. Aizawa standing in the doorway.

Exclamations filled the room.

"Can you really call that, 'alright'?" Uraraka whispered from beside me.

"My well-being doesn't matter. More importantly, the fight is not yet over," He stated.

The anxiety in the room spiked, and the noise returned.

"The UA sports festival is drawing near," He expanded.

With that, the nervousness in the room mostly disappeared, instead replaced with excitement.

"Is it okay to have a sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jiro asked.

Yeah, what if another attack occurs?

"Apparently, they think of it as UA showing that our crisis management system is as solid as a rock by holding the event," Mr. Aizawa explained, "Security will also be strengthened to five times that of previous years. Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be cancelled because of a few villains."

"But that's a good reason, isn't it? It's just a festival of sports." Mineta was obviously still scared about what happened.

Where had he been during the attack? I didn't know where anyone else had been, save Todoroki and Hagakure —of whom Todoroki almost froze— because they were in the landslide zone with me. Everyone else had a chance to talk about it while my arm was busy being wrapped up.