Chapter 33: He must think I'm stupid

Your POV

The second I entered, Uraraka was all over me. "What did you do? How did you do it? Can you do it again? Can you demonstrate?"

It took me by surprise. "Uhm..."

She looked at me expectantly.

"We-e-ll..." I drew it out, "I just had a small theory, and some good luck. I tested it, and I turned out to be true. I'm not quite sure what I would have done otherwise..."

"What was your theory?"

My eyes flicked to Tokoyami, and he nodded.

Go ahead.

"Well... Dark Shadow seems to have a personality, right? So with that first dodge, I cut it close so that my bare cheek would brush against the shadow. I tested to see if there were any emotions."

"...and there were?"

She was copying down what I was saying as quickly as she could.

I nodded.

"What emotions?"

"You don't need to worry about that."

"But—"

"If she isn't willing to share... you have to respect that."

"O-oh! I'm sorry."

"Why are you asking all these questions?"

"Well... Deku isn't here, and I thought it might be a nice surprise if I took down notes about the fights he missed."

"Ah, I see... trying to get into his good books?"

"Mina's been wearing off on you!" She cried, and threw her hands into the air.

I let out a small laugh. "Sorry."

"You guys should leave her alone for a bit. She's probably tired, you know. Come."

He took my wrist, and led me to sit beside him.

"Next is... Kirishima versus Bakugo?"

"Yeah."

"Now it's time... for the final match of the second round! He beat pure metal and manliness... with even more pure hardening and manliness! He's the manliest man around! From the hero course, it's Eijiro Kirishima!"

I slouched back into the seat. I wasn't exactly tired, but transferring emotions to Dark Shadow had been harder than doing it to normal people. I'd probably fully feel it's effects later.

"He's foul mouthed and loud—"

"What did you say!"

"—but he's one of the strongest kids around! From the hero course, it's Katsuki Bakugo!"

"Start!"

Kirishima immediately went in for the punch, and grazed Bakugo, who had managed to dodge just in time.

He then set off an explosion that sent Kirishima back a bit. He was left unscathed due to his quirk, which he taunted Bakugo about.

From Class B, I could hear Tetsutetsu yelling advice like "go for the chin!" and cheering him on.

I had high hopes...but I doubted Kirishima would win. He can't be hardened indefinitely. (why do I gotta remind you? Minds outta da gutter)

"Bakugo's having a hard time fighting back against Kirishima's fierce attack!"

They were slowly edging backwards.

If they continued moving backwards this quickly... then maybe Kirishima would have a chance.