Chapter 18: I had terrible luck

Originally Posted: April 26, 2020 

Edited: April 19, 2021

~

"Hey, Hatsume. How are you?" I greeted.

"I'm fine." She immediately directed my attention to the parts in front of her. "Would you like to see some of my babies?"

"In just a second, I've got to ask Mr. Powerloader something."

Hearing his name, the hero turned around. "What is it, (L/N)?"

"Well..." I started, "I was wondering about that licence...?"

"Oh yes, of course. Everything was at a temporary standstill because of the incident, so it will be a couple more days for all the paperwork to be done and authenticated. Then you'll get your license and be able to work in here with Hatsume."

"I understand. I can wait." I turned to Mei. "Let's look at those babies now."

She smiled. "Come on, come on!" She was almost like a small child, showing an adult a drawing they made. (Hatsume x reader, anyone?)

[Edit: that x reader actually exists now! However, it has been put on hold for the moment, and spoils some of this book]

She took my hand, pulling me over to a table. I laughed at her antics, letting her drag me as she exclaimed, "Let's begin!"

~

"Hey... Hatsume, before I go... could I ask you something?"

"Sure. Shoot!" She encouraged.

"Do you want to... hang out sometime? Go get boba or something, and talk?"

She beamed. "Of course I want to!" She said, in that overly enthusiastic way of hers. "Wait, let me give you my number, we can text!"

I wiped my hands against my leggings —the resulting grease stain unfortunately visible— and pulled out my phone. Hatsume reached for it, before I pulled my phone away.

"Your hands are way too dirty to touch my phone. Just tell me."

She quoted the digits of her phone number, and I typed it into my phone. "There, I sent something to you. I should get going, I have to get somewhere. Goodbye, Hatsume."

"Bye!"

~

I arrived at the park slightly out of breath. I glanced around, hoping they were still here. I would feel terrible if they thought that I had stood them up, and left. I had been the one who came to them —or at least Ashido— for help.

"(L/N)! Over here!"

I released a small sigh of relief. Ashido was jumping up and down, waving her arm excitedly. They were sitting on the grass, in the shade of a tree.

I jogged over to them, not wanting to waste any more of their time. "Hey..."

"We were starting to get worried that you weren't coming!" Ashido teased.

"I promised I would come, and I don't break my promises. I'm sorry I took so long— it wasn't intentional."

"Don't worry about it! Now, let's get started!"

I sat down next to her. Slipping my phone out of my pocket, I unlocked it and pulled up my messages.

"First off, what's he like?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"Yeah!" Hagakure swayed from side to side.

"Well... I don't really know," I admitted.

"What do you mean, 'you don't know'?" Ashido frowned.