Chapter 61: Part-of-the-plan wrong

Don't question the chapter name. It'll make sense soon enough.

A test of courage.

A lot of people seemed excited for it, even though we were all exhausted.

I glanced over at Todoroki, who was talking with Midoriya.

As if feeling my eyes on him, he turned to meet my gaze.

I could feel his ice, and looked away almost immediately.

Then Iida yelled at the two of them, and they separated.

I followed him from the corners of my eyes as he approached Yaoyorozu.

I couldn't hear what he was saying, but she blushed, and I turned my attention back to the pot in front of me.

As I replayed her reaction in my head, an ugly, disgusting feeling coiled in my chest.

I hated the feeling of it, but still, I let it wrap itself around my heart, hardening into another layer of armour.

~

"Now, we've filled our bellies and washed the dishes! Next..."

"...it's time for the test of courage!" Ashido cheered.

"We're going to test it!" Sato, Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sero exclaimed.

"Before that —it pains me to say this— but the extra lessons group will be having class with me now."

"You've got to be kidding me!"

"Sorry." He didn't sound sorry at all, as he captured them with his weapon. "Your training during the day wasn't good enough, so I have to use this time."

"Give me a break! Let us be tested!"

After they were dragged off, the Wild, Wild Pussycats began their explanation.

"Okay, so Class B will be the first to be the scarers. Class A will leave in pairs every three minutes. There are tags with your names written on them in the middle of the route, so bring those back with you."

"Revelry in the dark..." I heard Tokoyami say.

He's been saying that a lot, lately...

"Those being the scarers aren't allowed to make direct contact. Show us how scary you are with your quirks."

"The class that makes the most people piss their pants with creativity and imagination wins!"

"Stop it. That's filthy." Jiro started with a grimace.

"I see! They're trying to make us refund our ideas by making us compete with each other, giving us more options for our quirks in the process!"

Or they're just letting us have a little fun.

"As expected of UA!"

"Now, you'll draw lots to determine your partners!"

Lots didn't work too well for me last time, but there's an even amount of people because 5 of us left.

Taking my sheet of paper, I flipped it over.

2. I'm on Team 2. Who else has #2?

I looked around. Everyone seemed to have already found their partner.

"Hey... (L/N)?"

"Oh, Hagakure! Are you Team 2."

"Yeah."

"That means we're together!"

"Oh, that's awesome!"

~