Chapter 54: They're going down

Okay, here's your super-quick rundown.

You need to concentrate when using the quirk, or you could take too much and possible damage them. You need skin contact with your right (scaled) hand to use it. You don't know much about this quirk. Another thing you know is that you need to have permission to use this quirk on the other person, or else they suffer from extreme pain. *insert scarring flashback*

They decide to finish up their talk with you another time but ask one final question: what's the name of this quirk?

Turning the Tables.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Todoroki's phone went off as we knelt at the low table in the dining room eating supper.

He cut a glance to his father, then to me, before glancing at the screen.

"I'm going to take this."

He excused himself from the table, and left to answer the phone call.

I wonder who's calling.

He returned relatively quickly.

"It was Midoriya. The rest of the class is going to be training together at the school pool. He wondered if I wanted to come—"

Ring.

Ring.

Glancing at the lit up screen, I answered the call. "Hey, Midoriya."

"Hey, (L/N). I was wondering—"

"If I wanted to go to the pool to train? Yeah, I'll come." My eyes flicked to Todoroki.

"How did you know?"

"My secret underground sources."

Todoroki bit his lip to stop himself from laughing.

"Y-your wh-what? You have—"

"No." I laughed somewhat forcibly. I couldn't stop thinking back to my chat with the teachers. "I was kidding. Don't worry about it. Just tell me the time."

Todoroki leaned forward to whisper in my ear. "Your underground sources didn't tell you that?"

I had to swallow a laugh of surprise as Midoriya listed the day and time.

That was odd... it was the same day as the day the girls were going to the school pool...

"Okay, thanks, I got to go now."

"Bye!" He hung up, and so did I.

Endeavour stared hard at us.

I forgot he was there.

Let's just get back to eating.

~

We stood on the opposite side of the pool from the guys in a line, stretching.

The whole class was here, save Mineta and Kaminari, who hadn't arrived yet.

And Bakugo and Kirishima.

I hope Mineta just... doesn't show up.

He takes every chance he can get to comment on our bodies... and I didn't like that.

I was okay with the design of my hero suit... until he made a comment.

There was yelling from the hall, and Kaminari and Mineta burst onto the deck.