Chapter 43: Glad you finally realized

Laughter echoed in the classroom.

"Seriously?! Seriously, Bakugo?!" Sero and Kirishima were laughing so hard that they were on the verge of tears.

"Stop laughing!"

He was practically vibrating with fury.

"My hair's grown used to it, so it won't go back even after I wash it!"

It was hard not to laugh, but I swallowed it.

But his flattened hair... paired with his ridiculous expression... was almost too much.

"Hey, stop laughing! I'll kill you!"

"I'd like to see you try, Side-Part Boy!"

I choked, and Todoroki threw a concerned glance in my direction.

Yeah, 'cause he should be the one concerned. Not.

"What'd you say!" His hair exploded back into its regular style.

"It's back!"

They laughed even harder.

But then my attention was snagged by a snippet of conversation.

"Wow, you even got to fight villains? I'm so jealous!"

"I just helped people evacuate and did logistical support," she said modestly, twirling an earphone jack around a finger, "so I didn't actually do any fighting."

"It's still amazing though!"

"It is." I agreed, coming up to lean against Asui's desk.

"(L/N)!"

"All I did was train and go on patrols, too. There was just one time when we caught smugglers from a neighbouring country."

"That's crazy!" Jiro and Ashido cried.

"You say it like it's nothing! Are you hiding all the other crazy stuff you had to do?"

She laughed, partially in surprise.

"What about you, Ochako? How was your week?"

We turned.

She looked possessed, as she struck a fighting pose and declared calmly, "It was very worthwhile..." She threw a couple of punches.

"Ochako's awakened, huh?"

"She went to that battle hero's place, right?"

I nodded.

"That's a huge change for just one week..."

"Which means a lot of improvement!" I cheered. Ashido glanced at me in surprise.

"Change? That's not it, Kaminari. Women are all demons. They're just hiding their turn personalities."

"Glad you finally realized, Mineta!" I shot him a smile, and he shivered.

"(L/N), you seem chipper, kero. Where did you go for your internship?"

"The Smile Hero: Ms. Joke's Hero Agency! It did wonders for my state of mind!" I threw a fist into the air. "We also helped deal with a kidnapping."

"That's awesome!" Ashido clapped her hands together.

"But the ones who changed the most were you three, right?"

"Oh, yeah! The hero killer!"

"I'm glad you guys made it out alive! Seriously."

"I had a heart attack when I found out!"