Guilt

Hey beautiful people..... I hope you are all save and sound wherever you are. I know we will surely overcome this trying times. I pray the lord uphold every single one of my readers and their precious family. Please stay at home and stay safe 💕💕🙏🏽💕💕💕🙏🏽🙏🏽💕💕💕💕💕🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽💕💕💕💕💕💕🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽💕💕💕💕

KEN POV

It been 3weeks and counting and I have really lost track of all things around me. I have to basically hand over all office affairs to Jason my younger brother as I really cannot concentrate at this point.

Our friends have been really supportive and loving during this period and I have to be really grateful to Lily's family for looking after the kids.

Now I know the true meaning of not knowing the value of what one has until one loses it. If Lily wakes up from this coma I promise to be the best man and much more for her. I would never leave her side for once. I regret not ever appreciating her until now. 

The kids comes in sometimes to see her,sing and read for her. The doctor said all her senses are active,she just have to wake up so I know she can hear us.

I am presently holding her hand and reading a book I found in her book shelf. It so funny I forgot she like books and cooking. I can only hope she wakes so I can build her a library of her favorite books and many more.

I had them move her to a more private room and requested for an extra bed so I can sleep over more often. It crazy I know but I just realize I cannot  live without her. I sometimes wonder how I thought it would be easy to be without her when the divorce is finally complete and I realize I just cannot  bare to be without her.

My physical state is nothing to write home about. My hair is full,my beard are so rough and bushy,my nails are so unkempt but I just can't bring myself to look good when Lily is not there to compliment my look. 

Tonight I one of those nights I just want to read and talk to her even if she won't respond and I have been doing that for about an hour now.

I was so deep in the book that I don't notice someone had entered until I felt a tap on my shoulder. Startled and turning around, I realize it was my sister Ruby. To say I was surprise will be the understatement of the year.

"Hey brother,you look like a cave man"she said with a smile on her face.

I just chuckled and pulled her in for a hug which I didn't realize was to right until she started complaining.

"Please do not squeeze me to death" she said pulling back."I know you missed me right"

Ruby is my youngest sibling. She has always been a rebel and stubborn right from the start. She never agrees with my parent rules which is why she travels around the world instead of being a lawyer like our parent wanted enjoying her life without a care in the world.

She may be rebellious but she has the best listening ear. She is the only one who I can breakdown around and won't judge me. She is the only one bold enough to confront me and scold me.

"What are the doctors saying?" She asked looking at lily

"Her injuries are fully healed just left to her to find a reason to wake up I guess" I replied looking down at my hands.

"You really did a number on her you know,when  Jason called me to rant about ur divorce saga,I knew you had finally lost it. You really did not give her a reason to wake up. We can only pray and hope she finds the light at the end of the tunnel."

I knew she was right and she really is straight forward no sugar quoting or anything like that. 

"Can I ask you a question?" She asked

"Of course you can"

"Was it worth it at the end? Losing her like this?"

Taking a deep breath and searching my mind,I realize it wasn't worth it to be factual.

I would give up everything to see her look me in the eyes with love and smile at me again.

"No" was my simple answer

"I know you regret everything you have done to her and heaven know you have punish yourself enough over it" Grabbing my hands and looking into my eyes "I am here to fight this battle with you and I know she loves you enough to forgive every single thing you made her go through even if it will take time for her to forget cos at the end of the day love conquers all"She said

After all she said I couldn't help but let out all my bottled pain and you know what?? I cried like a baby,like an hungry baby. I just couldn't hold it in anymore and if there is one person in the world who I can breakdown before,it has to be Ruby.

All she did was pull me close and rub my back,letting me cry as hard and as long as I can knowing she would never let go.

After a few minutes of sniffing and wiping of tears she pulled back giving me the space and chance to gather my remaining integrity.

"Now you are going to stand up and go home"

I began to protest but she silenced me.

"I am only reliving you of your duty for just tonight. You look so wild and unkempt. Lily would not love to wake up to a jungle man"she joked bring a smile to my face. 

She definitely knows how to lighten my mood.

"You would shave,clean up yourself,use some deodorant and perfume,change you clothes and look fresh. I am here for you so you can take a break. I know it is not easy but you need to the care of yourself too. She will be fine"

There is no room for me to argue or say anything. I just stood up,carried my duffle bag and headed for the door.

"Are you sure about this? I can always come back "

"No I got this. Just go home and freshen up,have a nice meal and sleep. You really needs it" She replies giving me the pity look.

I stepped out of the room,walked to the front seat to sign out for the day and great the nurses on duty. We have gotten familiar this past few weeks.

Stepping out of the hospital,I spot my car at the parking lot which looked very dusty to say the least. I entered,started the car and drove out with only one thought in my mind.

I need a miracle

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Another chapter is here. I know it been long bunnies.
How is the lockdown in your county?? It crazy here tho.
What is your view our new cast"Ruby"??
Dont forget to comment,vote and  share.
Another update may come up very soon.
Stay safe
Stay home
Luv you bunnies💕💕❤️❤️❤️💕💕