A Miracle

Hey beautiful people I know it been a long while but am back. Thanks to ArogundadeShemilore for giving me the willpower to write again. I honestly didn't know someone would appreciate my work. Do leave votes and comments as encouragement bunnies❤️❤️💕💕💕. I love y'all. 

Attached is a picture of Ruby.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
Ruby's POV

After hearing what has been going on between my parent and ken's marriage I knew I had to come home and talk some sense into him. Coming home was something I had put off to a later time but hearing Lily was in a coma was the last straw. I left all I was doing and took the next available flight home. I was in the middle of a book signing contract, you see I love art and I can only express myself through art.

My parent kicked against my chosen passion and pushed me into going to university to study law. After completing my degree, going to law school and being called to bar, I handed my certificate to my parent and left the country.

Lily was one of the best thing that happened to me in University. She was beautiful,calm and a very good cook. If I knew Ken was going to do this to her I won't have begged her to date him not to talk of getting married.

I was so sure she was the right person for Ken but unfortunately he wasn't the right person for her.

I just want to see her awake and I promise to kick Ken's butt to Mars.

Sitting down and grabbing her hands, I could she the wrinkles on her face. She looks older and worn out than she should. At least she has her natural hair which have always been a delight for me to see well kept.

I think Ken did the hair care thing. They were so black and curly, beautiful kinks and luscious. I can't maintain the natural hair so I had always settled for low hair cut.

"Hey babe, are you there? Can you hear me?" "I know it dumb to talk to you but I have missed you so much and am sorry you are going through all this. I am sorry I couldn't be here on time to save you" I couldn't hold back the tears.

"You just have to wake up baby girl. If for no one, wake up for me, for the kids and for yourself"

"I need you here because there are so many things I want to talk to you about"

Laughing "Do you know I got my heartbroken in Paris? I even had a one night stand in Vegas which was terrible by the way".

Squeezing her hand right"I miss you so much and got a lot of things for you. Wake up and I promise you a very long Beacation (Like a girls trip)in the Caribbean, with hot sexy men all around and loads of fun.I know you would want that"

I was still rumbling on about thing that made sense and those that did not make sense when I felt a squeeze on my hand.

Jerking up I noticed movement in her hands, then the machine by her side which I don't know what it is for was beeping like crazy. I didn't know what to do but I saw a button and pressed it before trying to go see if I could get a nurse or someone.

I was about stepping out when I saw a man in a lab coat and a nurse steeping in.

"Please ma'am we need you to step outside while we see what's going on" the doctor said

"No I need to know what happening. Is she okay ? Is something wrong with her heart? Please say something" I questioned.

The doctor gave me a look before telling me to just step out for a bit and that he think she is waking up.

To say I was relieved was an understatement but we couldn't be sure yet. I stepped out of the room with the door closed behind me. I tried peeping through the small transparent sheet on the door but I just don't know what happening.

I brought out my phone to get a call through to Ken. After a few seconds of ringing he picked up.

"Ru" he calls me by my nickname he know I hate."what is the matter do you need something or are you tired of staying with her already" he said jokingly

"hmmm Ken it's Lily. I think....."

"What happened to Lily?" I was cut off rudely

"Calm down mister, she is fine. I was just talking and then the machine started beeping like crazy but then the doctor came in and told me to go out" I explained

"Ru just stay there I will be there in a few minutes" Ken said. I could hear some noise in the background and I know he was probably doing something in a rush.

"Kenneth" I called him by his full name.
"Take a very deep breath and calm down. Nothing is wrong with her, I think I heard the doctor said she is waking up. Take your time to look nice and presentable. It's a good thing. I will call her mom right now and please get me a cup of coffee and donuts when you coming". I replied.

"Alright Ru, thank you for everything I will be there soon just keep an eye on her. I love you sissy"

"I love you too bro, just look good for your woman". I said dropping the call

I was so anxious and nervous which I know is bad but I just couldn't help it. My Lily is waking up.

I put a call through to Lily's mum who was surprised to hear from me and my other brother Jason. Not calling my parent tho because they don't know am back and I really do not want to see them now especially my mother.

I was pacing the corridor when I heard the room door opens and the Doctor stepped out looking relieved.

"Doctor what happened" I questioned

"Miss I don't know what magic you performed but the patient is awake and I am happy about that. The nurse is helping her set up and so you can go in once she she is done" he answered.

I had to restrain myself dorm jumping on the doctor "Thank you so much Doctor"

He walked away as I moved closer to the door. The nurse came out and I thanked her before stepping in with sweaty palms.

Looking at Lily I just couldn't help the tears as I rushed to her side.

"Lily" I said holding her.

Looking up at me in confusion at first then recognition.

"Ruuubyyyyy????? she called out in a cracking voice.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕Author'Note💕💕💕💕

Yes that was a cliffhanger?
I know right.
This was really rushed for me as I wrote this under 2hours and I hope you liked it. Under sometimes soon I promise.

Pls be sure to vote and comment. I love you hunnybunnies❤️❤️💕💕💕