1.1

Fire.

It is the only word people can describe the house in front of them. In their neighbourhood, this one house was burned down by a robber. Luckily, the robber was successfully captured by the police but... It can't say the same to the family members.

One boy, young and foolish was hugged by the older females from around the neighbourhood. It was because this house was his family and his. The young boy did not say anything while the other neighbours cry in an agony of his family.

"Why... everyone crying?"

The boy can't think of anything as he watched his house burned. The firefighter tried their best to stop the fire to spread any further. "We've successfully brought the victims!" One of the firefighter's members shouts to the paramedic's members to be ready.

The civilians cried with happiness when they heard the news. They hugged the boy tighter than before and whispered a word of love and affection to the foolish boy. "They will be saved." The woman standing behind him all the time whispered.

"Those words are nothing but pleasantries."

The young boy looks around searching for the source of the voice he heard. He may look weird in other people's eyes but in his heart, he can only think of finding the voice. "Io-kun?" The same woman voiced out her worries but was ignored.

"Wow! You still holding on to your sense!"

The boy determined. He will find the voice that kept on whispering in his head for a long time. "Arghh!" One of the civilians shouts when the fire tuned bigger. Everyone runs around the place to return to their own home.

"Where... Are you?"

The boy did not bother looking over the situations but the voice. It was his only concerned ever since it keeps on bugging his head and mind. "I need to find it." The boy determined to find the answer to his question.

The nearby firefighters urge the young boy to look for a safe place. The boy did not move from his position instead he kept on walking until he near his own front gate. The voice was coming from his house.

Step

He took a stepped forward near the gate but he soon was slapped by a female firefighter. He touched his cheek and turned to the female who slapped him. His dull eyes looking for an infinite answer within her eyes.

The glimmering shine from the sun can be seen within the boy's eyes but it was nothing. The boy can't see the glimmering the female firefighter can see after all. The boy's eyes were a beautiful black colour of the night but It was far beautiful than the night itself if the female firefighter allowed to talk about it.

"Please, go with the other civilians. Your family is in the hospital and do not make a reckless move."

She begged for the young boy. It was a futile attempt from the beginning but she will do it. No matter where it is she will do for the sake of not wanting another stranger hurts. She has been working in this department for three years now.

"She only does this for her own sake."

The same voice again whispering in his head. Turning around, the young boy sighed in repair as he comes into contact with one of his neighbours. Walks away leaving the female firefighter while holding the neighbour hand, he smiled.

"Funny, she thinks I will die there."

He whispered to no one while he smiled. He then took another step forward to the neighbour's house he managed to capture. He does it the same as what the female firefighter said to him. It was what the female firefighter wishes for after all.