1.5

How time passes like it was nothing. Iori chuckles to himself as he thinks about how time was passing by like a wind. Today is Sunday, a day where he is free from school and his part-time jobs.

Iori thought it might be a good idea for him to spend some time with his older brother. They were always trapped in a room when they were together. Neither of them liked to be apart from one another for a long period of time.

If he notices his older brother was near, he would go to him and ignore the other jobs he had to do. If his older brother senses that he was nearby, he would run to him like a dog and they will snuggle together. It wasn't his fault his older brother's dementia cause him to have slightly more childish nature.

Crash!

Shocked by the sound of glass crashing to the ground, Iori jumped up from his bed and ran towards the kitchen. He thought he had left his older brother inside his room and that he was still sleeping but now was not the time to think about that.

When he finally arrived at the kitchen, he saw his older brother's palm was bleeding and tears were falling down from his eyes. Iori jumped in and hugged his older brother, trying to block out the pain.

He took out the first aid kit from the cabinet above the kitchen sink and slowly washed the blood of his brother's palm.
His older brother did not say a thing and neither did Iori. They just sat in silence for a few seconds before Iori broke it with a calm and soothing voice.

"I was worried."

Those words brought his older brother to tears, making him cry more than he was before. It shocked Iori a bit before he smiled and hugged the man in front of him. This small moment did not interrupt their silence, both noticing how worried they were for each other.

"Please sit while I clean this up, are you okay with doing that?"

The older brother nodded his head a few times before he watched his younger brother slow moves while Iori cleaned up the mess. His broad shoulders made his figure seem more like an adult, bringing him to tears again. Just how much had his brother grown?

Sometimes the fog clouding his mind clears and he remembers how he was a grown man in his late twenties, but most of the times he remembered his childhood only. He acts like a child and speaks like one too.

He remembers when he first got dementia when he was still taking care of his younger brother. It wasn't anyone's fault if anything it was his fault for him to not take care of his health properly and fainting in the middle of driving.

He too remembers how his younger brother's eyes teared when he in the hospital. He had smiled when the younger brother snorted and the next second tears stopped leaking from his eyes.
Those scenes were priceless because now his younger brother rarely shows any sign of weakness.

"Remembering those days?"

He lookup and faces his younger brother's tall figure. His blue eyes were like a deep-sea and the shine that lived in his eyes only made them seem deeper. It was as if the eyes were looking within him; for a way to cover his own weakness.

"Stop looking at me like that."

He laughs indignantly before smiling back to the younger brother. He held out his hands and let Iori hug him again and bring him to his room. He did not know when he will stop making new memories but slowly, surely, he will forget everything.