10; Unedited

Chapter 30 - Their Lights, His Light

-

"Hey."

I look over my back, watching the beautiful peach blossom eyes staring at me. The voice was so alluring like a melodious orchestra calling out to me repeatedly. It was nothing like I always thought the voice is like.

Even so, I only thought of him as my friend and brother.

"Tsuna?"

He called out to me again. This time, I replied to his call with a smile carved on my face. Covering my fast beating heart with thoughts of the current subject we engrossed ourselves in. But it seemed like he had noticed the weird air covering me. Truly, I can never hide anything from him.

"I'm sorry. I was thinking of something." An assurance that all these thoughts inside me were nothing of concern. His peach blossom eyes only repeatedly glanced at me each time he tried to focus on the books in front of him.

He nodded his head and didn't ask for more information. This is one of the reasons why I trust and like him. He knew when to stop from entering my boundaries but still keeping up with me to stop me from overstepping my boundaries.

I kept on asking myself, am I worthy of his attention? Am I really good enough to be his friend? These questions were like a knife stabbed right into my heart. I don't have any intention of taking the knife out. But every day, he noticed these thoughts and said to me that I am worth it. The unworthy one is him and not me.

If only I have the power to support him from all omens, we won't be in this situation. Clothes drenched with water, books, and our school stuff was burned only leaving a few pieces of the remaining paper.

"You know, Tsuna?" He started his speech. I come to realize, each time we ended up in this kind of situation or one of us somehow had an existential crisis, he will open his mouth to tell another story. Kind of fairy tales but I've never heard of any of them.

"There is this one boy, always bullied and always scared. He never tried to open his heart to others due to the trauma he faced since he was a child." With his melodious voice, the curtains unfolded, the sky turning to orange. He bathed in the sunlight of the evening sky.

"But one day, he opened up! It was all thanks to his tutor who came to teach him. Even though the tutor's way of teaching is weird, the boy never stopped and always accepted it. Maybe he was forced to accept but at the end of the day, the boy smiled." If only I could be like the boy in this story, it would save me a lot of time.

"The boy once said, he will do anything to make sure his friends he had made along his way, happy. He fought the enemy and saved them from endless suffering. He faced against time and even had to suffer under the pressure of being the leader." Somehow, this story is familiar to me. It was like I had heard of it before but I never remember it.

"But in the end, the boy finished his journey. He gained his trusted friends and lost something along the way. Even so, the journey made him realize that this world is not so cruel." He ended his story with a smile. His peach blossom eyes were so clear that the orange sky could be reflected in it.

So beautiful yet so sad.

"That's why Tsuna... One day, someone will come and make you realize that all the suffering you had to face this time, was nothing but a trial to make you stronger."