07

Iori sat in his room in fear, holding himself for a long time before he began to break down. The answer to his question broke his heart into a thousand pieces.

In his hands sat the crumpled paper his parents had left him. He held it close to him while he sat in the corner of his room, quietly crying in the dark.

He ignores his older brother who was outside his room door. He ignores any sound from the voice in his head. He has been doing so for hours. His older brother had even started to cry as Iori sat in his cold, dark room.

"I'm sorry." He muttered under his breath as he clutched the paper close to his chest.

He knows how this change in him will burden his older brother more than ever now, but he can't bring himself to hold such a perfect mask. People around him may not recognize the mask he has put in place, but it's the fact that he knows it's there that hurts the most.

He was still wearing that mask that he had put in place long ago, seemingly uncaring of the world but really too hurt to try and reach out. Even so, he remembered his parent's last words for him. They did not want him to feel trapped by the past any longer.

It breaks his heart to ignore his own faults from during his childhood. His parents must have suffered for a long time because of his ignorance.

Crash

It was the same sound that he had heard when his older brother had broken a plate this morning. Scared that this may have happened again, he opened his door and jumped on his older brother's figure.

He looked all over his older brother for any sign of blood. He may have neglected him for hours, but he still has the heart of a caring younger brother. He will not risk any danger for his older brother.

"Io-kun... it will be okay."

His older brother murmured to himself while he looked at the side of his older brother's face. Iori flinched when he heard what his older brother said.

"Because I'm here."

Those words are all he needs to break free from the cage he had made in his mind. The words he needed to feel free again. He smiles and hugs his older brother tightly while he kissed him on the cheek.

"Yeah, you're here."

He leant away from Yuki with a small smile, enveloping his hands around his older brother's.

'•°~°•'

Morning came around to greet him again, this time with his older brother by his side looking angelic with his doll and a large shirt covering him. Iori took up the task of cooking breakfast again today.

He feels sorry because he cooked dinner last night for neither his older brother nor himself. They had hugged each other all night until they fall asleep together in his bed.

Ring, ring

The sound of the phone call rang throughout the house. Iori picked up the phone and answered the call. When he was asked a question, he looked at the number again before he answered.

"Yes. This is Iori speaking."

He did not bother to say his own family name. Everyone should know by now the only reasonable person in the house was him and only he could answer phone calls or any government-related things.

"We are sorry to bother you at this time, but we have found the suspect of your parents' death. We were wondering if you could come and meet this person to confirm if you know them."