06

It was another school day, along with being the day of Yuki's appointment with his doctor. The teen started to reminisce about the time when he first bought their apartment, which is close to a huge shopping complex. The rent may have been a bit expensive but all the stuff he needed to take care of his brother was right around the corner.

It's been a few years since they started living in a small apartment together, but everything was fine. Yuki's dementia has progressed far enough that he's slowly forgetting people's names and different places he's been to, so a smaller space suited them just fine.

Iori started to doze off as he thought about yesterday's meeting with the detective. How was the woman he met connected with his parents' death and why did she make them suffer for such a long time?

He also started to wonder about the voice he sometimes hears in his head. Their conversation topic wasn't that big, with the voice asking Iori some small questions about his views on humanity and what they've done in the past, but somehow it seemed to be connected with something bigger than that.

"Humans... are not selfish?"

Those words had made him realise something. How humans were actually selfish with what they wished for and, sometimes, he too was selfish. The voice had brushed off their conversation a second after he asked the question and Iori had done nothing to continue the topic.

Iori was afraid of what the voice would say if it answered his question on the topic. He had so many questions on his mind from yesterday, but he just couldn't say them, and now it was bugging him more than an actual bug!

"If you have something on your mind, please, do tell me."

The detective that had visited him yesterday had whispered something to him. But what was the man trying to imply? It was also a mystery that had been bugging and, now like so many other questions, his queries were left unanswered.

Just like that old saying: the more you know, the less you understand. How he wished that those words are nothing but a simple reminder. But now it's a reality that he can't deny anymore.

"Ha... how I wish people's minds were simple."

'•°~°•'

Iori was inside the storeroom of his apartment. This wasn't being used by anyone and all of his stuff from when he lived with his parents was being kept inside here.

This was the stuff that was saved by the firefighter when their house had gone up in flames. His parents' stuff usually was locked inside a small safe. However, the case needs a password to open and he did not know what it was.

This time, he will do anything to help Toshiro and bring his parents' case back to life. He will do anything to punish the person who killed and help his parents' rest in peace.

"Io-kun?"

Iori turns around and saw his older brother standing just inside the door to the kitchen holding a doll. He was looking at Iori with his face full of worry and fear. Smiling, Iori hugged his older brother for a moment before he turned towards the door.

"Yuki nii-san, don't tell anyone what I'm gonna do. Okay?"

Oh, how he wishes that what he is going to do will not bring any more trouble to his older brother. Their parents' work, the money they had saved, and many more things will be revealed soon, and he needs his older brother will be alright.