11; Unedited

Chapter 31 - The Gloomy World

-

As if the end of the world had started, the sky turned dark even if it was in the middle of the day. But when Hoshihito tried to ask other students about the weather, none of them said anything weird except "the sky still blue."

No one suspected that something weird had happened but Hoshihito saw it with his own eyes as the beautiful blue sky turned dark with clouds and mist covering it. Scared of what he thought might come sooner than the schedule, he called his older sister, Rosa.

"I saw it too. I already called my friends overseas and they concluded that only civilians who had no consciousness over flames are the only ones who didn't see it."

She explained the situation with a grim expression. Her mouth turned sour as if she just ate a lemon raw. She's scared. Just like Hoshihito. Both of them knew how painful and scary it is to see the world suddenly turn different but only some of them were aware of it.

Not only that but after Hoshihito returned from the hospital, his mood turned extremely bad. He doesn't dare to touch the food in front of him and he engulfed himself with work every day. Not only that, Rosa noticed how Tsunayoshi also had turned different than when she first saw him.

The boy always had a dark spot in his heart and she knew it was because of her younger brother but suddenly, when she saw him at the convenience store, the dark spot she saw that was so small before turned big. So big she can't keep her eyes on him.

From what Hoshihito had said to her about the world's fate, Tsunayoshi was supposed to meet with Hibari and Sasagawa's son before his journey started with Mukuro. Even more, he hadn't met with the infamous Poison Scorpio and I-pin!

This world's fate had turned into chaos. Give her a break!

"I need a lollipop." She stood up from the sofa and strode off to the front door and went to the convenience store. She needed sugar to calm herself down from all the stress she suffered under because of her younger brother. "I regret taking that child in."

Her beautiful face turned melancholic. She just remembered herself in the past when she took the young boy in. How the boy always needed help from all aspects before he turned into a good young boy now.

****

"Don't you think you're being a bit too cruel on the child?"

As if to reassure the doctor on his desk, the young boy only waved his hand as he slowly closed his eyelids. The sounds of the wind from the town is calming his mind. It's been a long time since he was able to rest his tired body and old mind. That reminded him of his childhood days when he was on his own adventure against fate. Just like how Iori is right now. "Haha!" He laughed as if remembered something funny.

"I'm too old to handle all this stuff that has been happening to me lately." the boy laughed once again as he straightened his hand up to the ceiling. His long black eyelashes shimmer under the small light from the doctor's office.

Silence befall to both of the occupants in the small office. They had once thought about what they wanted to do once they came out alive here. Never once they thought they would fall into one of the worlds they once lived in comfortably. It's like fate loved to play with them with all of its power.

Iori, a name he once thought was an insignificant canon fodder. But as he lived in this world, he realized the youth he met was more than what he appeared to look like. "He's like me. Played by fate and thrown by the same hands." A small and yet a powerful thought came into his mind as he wondered what he did to the youth was right or wrong.