Part 1.1

y/n pov

Fuck they were here, how did they even find me? I quickly left my desk leaving everything behind. I rushed to the back of the office in which I knew there was a door to escape.

I ran out and hoped there was nobody at the back of the building waiting for me; Luckily there wasn't and I sighed in relief. I smiled a bit to myself, that was close, too close.
Soon my smile disappeared considering they probably also knew where I lived by now and therefore I wouldn't be able to go back and gather my personal belongings.

I turned around the corner and looked up in fear. I faced him; he was here himself? Taemin was standing very far but it was undoubtedly him. He screamed at me 

   'y/n, stop running away, I will always find you.'

I quickly turned around and started running. fuck fuck, I was getting to my panic mode by now.

I looked back and saw they were following; I quickly ran into a small alley. as soon as I passed the alley I ran into a building. I was hoping they wouldn't follow me in here and I could hide until they would return to Seoul. It wasn't the best plan ever but at least it was something.

As the lift opened up at the ground level I just pressed a button to go to a random floor. The building looked expensive but there were hardly any people around, and that was exactly what I was looking for.
As the elevator landed at the floor I stepped out and soon saw there was nobody.
I decided to go to another floor, again nobody, then the next and to my surprise there were all these girls sitting next to each other. They were all wearing formal clothes and they all turned their head as I approached. A lady came forward. 

    'Are you also one of the applicants?'

I didn't really know what to say or do but I knew I had to stay here for a while and like this I would actually blend in pretty well. 

  'yes I am' I said while smiling. 

  'okay please take place, we will call for you, what is your name?' 

   'It's park y/n'.

I took a seat and waited. I had no idea what the opening was to begin with but well it didn't matter I would just bluff my way out of it. 

   'Park y/n' the lady eventually said. I was the last one to be called, which made sense as I was the last one to enter the building as well. In the meantime I had seen the expressions on the girls faces who left the room and let's say they weren't all too cheery.

I walked into the room which seemed an office.

He was sitting behind a wooden table in his suit. 

Fuck he was handsome.

I tried to focus my eyes on something else to distract myself from his alluring gaze.
Thus, I quickly found that behind him were quite some plants hanging and this was perfect to look at instead. He turned his eyes down to his papers, not saying anything.

I took a place on the chair and he hadn't really looked up so I made an 'ahum' sound. He looked up annoyed but a bit surprised as well as our eyes met. 

    'Yes?' he asked unfriendly taking me off guard.

     'uhm hi, I am Park y/n, I am here for the job opening?'    

    'Yes thank you for stating the obvious. you definitely score points on brains' 

As he stated his sarcastic answer he rolled his eyes.

What an asshole I thought but kept smiling, just a little passive aggressive.

Could I care? no. I didn't want this job to begin with, I just needed to have time to hide somewhere from Taemin. We sat there for some time in silence. He looked up and stared at me, I didn't break eye contact. I would not let him intimidate me.

    'So why did you apply for this job?'

Well fuck.

I had no idea which job he was talking about. Okay y/n just bluff your way through this you have done it before. my lord I didn't even know what the company was doing or what his function was. Considering he was such an asshole he was probably occupying a higher function.

   'I uhm am very interested in learning more about the business in which you are operating. And to learn the most it's better be close to such high level person.'

His eyes changed, the expression turned suspicious. 

   'What attracts you about this business?'

Seriously, how long can I keep this bullshitting going. 

    'It's very diverse and you learn a lot about people.'

Please let this not be like an IT computer company.

    'So what exactly about this function specifically attracts you? 

     'I uhm well the tasks are very challenging and also diverse.'

Please stop with the questions.

A smirk appeared on the man's face. 

   'You have no idea what you are applying for, do you?'

I wanted to deny it but would it even matter? 

   'No, what is the function and who are you and what is this business?' I said not even embarrassed. He raised one eyebrow 'You want me to tell you this even though you just wasted my precious time?'

   'Well maybe I am perfect for this job' I said confidently 

    'Why are you even here?' He asked confused. I couldn't really come up with a good excuse plus this guy didn't know me so I could just tell him. 

    'Uhm well I was kind of running away from my ex-fiance and his family. Let's say they are not a usual family, so I just went into a random building and ended up here.'

     'Why were they looking for you?'

     'That is none of your business actually' I said with a half smile. 

      'Well if it's something illegal and you are a fugitive Id have to call the police.' 

      'You're not serious' I said but he already got out his cellphone. 'I won't if you tell me.'

I jumped up scared he would call the police. They could be contacted by Taemin to update him on any news from me and they could tell him where I was. 

    'I left the guy at the altar okay and I might have pissed his family off.'

And I shot his brother in the leg and stole some money to get out. I thought but not telling that detail, obviously.

    'Ouch that's cold' he said sarcastic. 

    'Life is a bitch sometimes; he can get over it'  I shrugged which made the man smile 

    'You're a tough one aren't you?'

I just looked at him and rolled my eyes  'I don't even know your name.' 

'I am Kim Taehyung'