Chapter 18

"Kacchan?" Izuku asked in a tired voice, walking into the bathroom. He had woken up shortly after Katsuki arrived, mainly do to his loudness when Shoto fixed his nose. He hadn't been able to hear what they were talking about through the bathroom door, but he had picked up on the voices and got curious.

Katsuki and Shoto both snapped their attention to him in surprise. As soon as Izuku caught sight of Katsuki's face, he gasped. "I knew I should have stayed down there." He said, quickly moving to stand directly in front of Katsuki and taking his face into his hands, gently rubbing his thumb over some of the injuries.

"No you shouldn't have, I don't know if you've noticed over the years, but I definitely deserved this." Katsuki said, wincing slightly as Izuku accidently touched his nose.

"Did they break your nose?" He asked fretfully. He was going to have a very stern talk with his brothers in the morning.

Katsuki tried to moved back, but Izuku just followed him. "I'm fine, seriously Deku." He said, not wanting to accept Izuku's worries and attention when he knew he didn't deserve it.

"You are not fine. Did they use their quirks at all?" Izuku asked, suddenly becoming even more worried. If Dabi or Shigaraki used their quirks, there'd be no skin left where ever they touched.

"No, just fists. Now seriously, leave it alone, I'm fine." Katsuki reassured again, grabbing Izuku's forearms with his hands and pulling them down, but keeping his hold. He wasn't sure why, he just didn't want to let go yet.

Izuku looked over at Shoto. The duel haired boy had taken Katsuki's previous spot on the counter. "Did you set his nose? Because there's no way Dabi would have stopped before it wasn't." He asked, knowing his brother, and Shoto's, pretty well.

Shoto nodded. "Yeah, he underestimated how bad it would hurt." He said with a small smirk directed at the beat up blond, who just rolled his eyes in return.

"Was that the yell I heard?" Izuku asked, joining in on the light teasing.

"Oh shut it, like you would have kept silent during it." Katsuki shot back.

Izuku laughed at his response. "Do you realize how many bones I've broken? It takes a lot of pain to phase me now." He explained.

"I guess getting your quirk all at once and never having it gradually develop could fuck with you a little." Katsuki said with a shrug as he thought back about it.

He knew about Izuku's quirk once belonging to All Might. The first time Izuku saw Katsuki after running away, he was a bit petty and spiteful. He might have, totally, rubbed it in Katsuki's face that he had All Might's quirk.

"What?" Shoto asked in confusion, making Katsuki and Izuku's eyes widened as they both realized that Shoto had no clue.

"I-I was a late bloomer. My quirk didn't develop until I was fifteen and it kind of hit me pretty hard. I broke my fingers and arms a lot trying to control it." Izuku said, telling the lie All Might had given him when he first received his quirk.

Shoto eyed both of them suspiciously, knowing that he was missing something. "Why do I not believe you?" He asked him back.

Izuku tried to stay calm, even though he knew it wouldn't be a huge deal if Shoto found out about his quirk's origin. He was fairly good friends with him now and he trusted him.

"Because I'm lying?" Izuku said back as more of a question as he sheepishly smiled at the taller boy.

"Deku!" Katsuki said, thoroughly annoyed with his actions.

Izuku threw his hands in the air. "Oh c'mon, it's Todoroki! He's like my only friend here besides you, and I trust him. Why shouldn't he know?" He argued.