Chapter 23

"What?" Katsuki asked, completely baffled by the accusation. How was he the reason this time?

"You weren't the reason, Kacchan! Gosh, she was lying." Izuku said while crossing his arms. It wasn't a complete lie, at least not to Izuku. What Katsuki had said earlier the day of his attempt had affected him sure, but it wasn't the main reason he was up there. He was up there because he thought it was the only way to right all of his wrongs.

"Izuku," Katsuki said in a warning tone. He didn't want to ever be lied to, but especially about something like this.

"Whoa, that's new." Izuku mutter to himself.

"Not the point. Why'd she say it was my fault? Was it?" Katsuki asked, shutting down Izuku's attempt to change the topic.

Izuku groaned at the questions. He didn't like lying to Katsuki, but there was no way in hell he was going to tell him the truth about this. They were finally getting along again and he wasn't about to tell him something that could screw that up. "No, it wasn't your fault. Himiko is just trying to pin it on you because she hates you and she hates that I don't." He explained.

"You don't hate me?" Katsuki asked, a little confused about the answer.

Izuku sputtered at the question. "Yeah, I hate you Kacchan. I hate you so much, that I forgave you for all the crap you put me through, I constantly hang out with you even though there are twenty other people to talk to, I'm teaching you English, I had a panic attack when I thought you were going to jump off the roof of the gym, and I asked you for a spare uniform even though there were plenty of other people that would be closer to my size. I just hate you that much." He said, finishing with crossing his arms and waiting for Katsuki's response.

"Sounds like you have a crush on him or something." Shoto spoke up casually from his spot at the desk.

Izuku turned a deep shade of red at the comment and even Katsuki's face heated up a bit. "Shoto! What the hell? That doesn't mean I have a crush on him, I mean I do half that stuff with you to." Izuku pointed out, overly embarrassed about being called out like that.

"Oh, so you have a crush on me to?" Shoto asked with his head slightly tilted to the side in question.

"Shoto!" Izuku exclaimed, throwing his last pillow at the taller boy. His actions actually earned a small laugh from Shoto, which had Katsuki and Izuku frozen and staring at him.

"Oh c'mon, it's not the first time you've both heard me laugh." Shoto pointed out, throwing the pillow at Katsuki.

"Hey! Fuck you half and half." Katsuki said, catching the pillow just before it could hit his face and then throwing it back.

"What's with half and half? I thought you called him Icyhot?" Izuku questioned.

Katsuki became awkwardly quiet, so Shoto decided to tease him a little bit. "I told him that I didn't like it and he compromised with half and half." He said with a small smile.

"Awe, Kacchan! That's so cute!" Izuku cooed, wanting to tease the blond as well.

"So you think I'm cute? Does that mean half and half was right about the crush?" Katsuki shot back. That shut Izuku right up, his face becoming deep red again.

"He totally does." Shoto stage whispered to Katsuki, letting Izuku still hear him.

"No I don't! I can think someone's cute without having a crush on them." Izuku argued.

"So you do think I'm cute?" Katsuki said, a wicked smirk taking over his face at Izuku's small confession.

Izuku nearly died right there. "That's not- I didn't mean- I'm not saying- I just-"