Chapter 29

"You said I had a week!" Izuku screamed at Dabi once he realized that the purple mist was Kurogiri.

"I said a max of a week!" Dabi shouted back. The whole process was stressful enough without Izuku screeching at him.

Suddenly the mist took the form of a man. "There's only two of you. Where are your siblings?" Their father (record scratch) mother figure asked them, concern lacing his voice.

"No! No, no, no! I'm not leaving not like this!" Izuku said, backing up and getting ready to run to Shoto, seeing as he was closer.

Dabi grabbed him, wrapping him in his arms so he couldn't get away. "Izuku, c'mon I thought we were past this." He said in a grunt as he had to fight to keep Izuku in his arms.

By now, the entire gym had come to a stand still, everyone watching the villains in shock. Some had seen this coming, but they still weren't expecting this. Shoto was gaping at his boyfriend as Katsuki came up behind him, not sure what was happening.

"Shoto? What's everyone-"

Izuku threw his head back, making contact with Dabi's nose. "Fuck!" He shouted, dropping his younger brother.

Izuku hit the ground, taking off at a sprint to get away from them but Kurogiri just warped him back. "Izu, what're you doing? I thought Dabi told you, wait-" He said, suddenly Toga, Shigaraki and Twice were standing next to. He gave a satisfied hum, seeing all of the teens in one piece. "Anyways, I thought Dabi had told about this?"

"I had a week. I had a week to say goodbye." Izuku mumbled, looking directly at the two boys he was talking about. He was once again back in Dabi's arms.

"What's going on here?" Aizawa's voice boomed through the gym, making all the villains snap their heads to him.

Kurogiri cleared his throat. "Thanks for looking after these kids, but I'm afraid we'll be heading home now." He said, making a point of not looking Aizawa in the eyes.

A warp gate appeared behind them. "I'm not dying today, no sir." Twice said, jumping through.

Shigaraki was next, not looking back as he went through. If he looked back he might have changed his mind.

Toga watched as Izuku fought against Dabi once again. "I-Izu, we have to go now." She said softly, tears forming in her own eyes at the thought.

Aizawa looked back at all the students. "What're you all waiting for? Go stop them." He encouraged.

Shoto and Katsuki were the first ones sprinting down, having finally recovered from their shock.

"Get in the damn warp gate!" Kurogiri said frantically.

Toga quickly sent one last look at the brunette who was running towards her, before walking through.

"Kacchan! Shoto!" Izuku screamed, thrashing around. He powered up his quirk, breaking out of Dabi's hold once again.

Dabi sent a wall of flames out in front of them, cutting off Izuku's plan to run and ever students plan to get to them.

"Dabi knock it off! I can't- I can't go back! I-I didn't get to- I didn't get to say goodbye." He said, tears streaming down either side of his face.

"I know Izuku, I know, but we have to go. You know we do. I wish we had more time, but we just don't." Dabi said, walking towards him slowly.

"Please just... stop the wall. I just... I need to tell them goodbye." Izuku pleaded.

Dabi's heart broke at how broken his baby brother sounded, but he wasn't sure he could trust him. How was he supposed to know if he'd try and take off again?