Chapter 41

"What'd you mean by technically?"

Toga froze up at his question, knowing that she had just slipped up with something she couldn't really afford to slip up with.

Shoto sighed, wanting more than anything to just explain, but restraining himself. "You'll figure it out eventually. None of us are supposed to tell you certain things because it'll put too much strain on you."

"Absolute bullshit, but whatever." Katsuki said, walking back into the kitchen and sitting on the counter next to Shoto.

"Oh someone put on his big boy pants and decided to hang out with the big kids again?" Toga asked him with a glare. "Wow, sorry. Old habits I guess."

Izuku watched their interactions carefully, trying to fill in the blanks in his memories. "So clearly you two didn't get along, but you're cool now. So what happened?" He mumbled, more to himself.

"See? That's our nerd." Katsuki whispered to Shoto as Izuku tried to piece everything together using logic, the few things people had given away and his little amount of memories.

"Two main options. I'm either not dating Shinso, or the 'technically' was because he kissed back meaning we would have started dating if I hadn't lost all my memories." He continued to mutter.

"I value my life, so I'm just gonna tell you it's not the second one." Shinso said quickly, but not giving anything away to who Izuku was actually dating.

"Aw shit, really? That's so disappointing." Izuku whined.

"Izuku! That means you have a boyfriend smart one, how do you think he would feel if he heard that?" Toga scolded him.

Izuku's eyes lit up at the clue. "So they aren't here to hear it then?" He questioned, even though Toga had purposefully misled him. She raised her hands up in surrender, not giving him anything else to work with.

He whined again. "C'mon guys, how is this fair? I have a whole significant other I just can't remember."

"Wait, I thought he was dating both-"

Kirishima was promptly shut up by Toga slapping a hand over his mouth. "Shut it, dye job." She hissed.

"Yo crazy, nicknames are my thing." Katsuki growled at her, moving her hand away from one of the few people he'd actually admit to being friends with.

"Both? As in two? As in I somehow tricked two guys into dating me? Damn, I'm good." He muttered to himself.

"Tricked? What does he mean by that?" Shoto asked Toga, seeing as Izuku seemed preoccupied.

But the green haired boy was actually the one to respond. "Well there's no way in hell I'd get one guy to date me for me, let alone two. Obviously I tricked them somehow." He explained, not even really paying attention to what he was saying, seeing as his brain was going a million miles a minute.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, back up a little. Why were you worried that we didn't like you enough to be with you?"

"Are you kidding? How could I not? I"m a wanted villain and I honestly just fuck up everything I so much as look at and you two are... you both just.... You're perfect and I can't wrap my head around you both wanting to date me. Sometimes I just think it's a really vivid, cruel dream that I'm gonna wake up from any second."

"You were a wanted villain, but then you gave it up to become a hero. And you don't fuck up everything you look at. Where would the League be right now without you? Probably in jail or dead, but because of you, they're actually all trying to do the right thing and also become heroes. I don't know about you, but it sounds like you've done the exact opposite of fuck that up. What'd you think Katsuki?