TWENTY

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Lost One's Weeping (English Cover)
Artist: JubyPhonic
Chapter Name: All Pain Is Valid
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V

Kaminari sighs. "It just hurts, ya know?"

Aizawa looks at his student with confusion clear on his face. Kaminari stays silent, so Shouta questions, "What hurts, kid? I can't exactly relate to you unless I know what's wrong."

"Things have always been hard for me, school or not. When I was six, I was diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD. Kids always thought I was different. They picked on me, and I eventually became mute for a little." The golden haired boy begins his story.

"My mom brought me to therapy, without my consent. Even though I was only still in elementary, I would have liked to have had a little bit of choice in my treatment. I was mature when I was younger, and I didn't really act like a kid would at my age. It hurt to know I was different. My therapist, who I later learned was not a good therapist, basically told me to change myself; to act like my personality was nonexistent, and to try and act normal. That really hurt me. I wanted to stop the sessions, but my mother didn't let me." Kaminari explains with pain evident in his voice. Shouta doesn't say anything, as to not upset the kid or interrupt him, but he gives a reassuring look to the boy.

Kaminari returns Aizawa's gesture with a small smile. He starts again, "People always have called me 'stupid' and a 'retard.' I was always a slow learner; always the one stuck in the mud in the race while everyone was reaching the finish line. It hurt, always being left behind. It's not like I had a lot of support from the teachers."

That phrase hurts Shouta's cold heart. He feels the pressure, the pain the boy has. His former teachers didn't even try to help the kid. Even if Shouta has expelled an entire class before, he'd still do anything for his students.

"My mom could be really mean at times too. She got mad a lot, and would often say rude and harsh things to me when she was in one of her moods. One time she actually compared my cousin and I's weights. Saying that if I ate a bowl of chocolate cereal, I'd become overweight like him. She didn't help with my confidence issues." Denki laughs nervously as he fiddles with his hands. The boy stops talking for a little while.

If Shouta could, he'd stomp over to the blondes house and give his mom a piece of his mind.

But he can't. So he does what he can do—listen.

The older man coughs to interrupt the silence, and Kaminari snaps out of his silent thoughts. The blonde grins and scratches his neck as he continues:

"She and I never got along, and my dad was always I busy with running his electric company. As I grew older, people always called me stupid, and it started to really trigger me. So I began to try to take my old therapist's advice and change myself. I changed the person who I was and became the dumbass idiot known as Kaminari."

Shouta brings his hand up and starts ruffling the boy's golden locks. Denki smiles a little with appreciation. But the boy starts to look gloom again after a minute or so.

"I mean—I know others have it worse; like Todoroki or Midoriya. But, is it selfish to want to be noticed for who you are without dealing with trauma, or people thinking you're an idiot?" Denki looks up with a sad puppy face at his teacher.

Shouta frowns, and gently nudges Kaminari closer into a side hug, so Shouta can get his message across.

"Listen, kid. Pain is not comparable. Your pain and trauma is valid. What you went through was bad, and it was not your fault. Please know that, okay?" Shouta rubs the kid's arm lightly as they sit on the couch.

"Y-Yes s-sir." Kaminari begins to sob a little, trying to hold it back.

"Aw, kid." Shouta's heart breaks as he sees his student's strained face. He pulls the golden haired boy into a full hug, providing him with the love and protection he needs in the current moment. The poor kid just wants to be normal, and not to be a stupid loser. Shouta, hadn't noticed this before, but now he wishes he had.

•••

The next day, Toshinori and Izuku arrive back from the hospital. The kid had been tested negative for any head injuries, and he looked as if he was ready to bolt out of the white lab. Toshinori gently guides the kid with a sweet, gently hand on the student's shoulder.

Izuku appreciates the gesture from that man he's grown to know as more of a father figure then Hisashi ever was.

The students all crowd around Izuku when the two arrive. They all give well wishes to the kid as Toshinori leads the young boy up to his room. Izuku tries to stop the former hero from going in, as he still has all his All Might mercy everywhere, but Toshinori insists that he help Izuku.

It is to say that Toshinori is amused when he sees Midoriya's dorm room. The kid blushes softly in embarrassment as he shuffles over to his comfy bed.

"Alright, young Midoriya. Lay down. I'll go grab you some water, and then you and I are gonna talk, okay?" Toshinori says with a comforting tone as he kneels in front of the colorful bed that Izuku lays on. The kid nods in understanding as he lifts up his covers and gets under them.

Toshinori makes his mission for water as quick as possible, and he scoots back up to Izuku's room. He pulls over the boy's desk chair as he hands the kid his water.

"The police have arrested...him." All Might says ever so carefully as to not trigger the poor boy. He'd already been through enough. "However, he's pleading not guilty. That isn't good on our part." Midoriya spits out his water into the cup.

The boy starts on a coughing spree. Yagi pats the boy's back to make sure he doesn't choke to death.

"I'm sorry to say this, but you will have to be present at the trail. I don't know when it is yet though." Toshinori sighs as he helps the boy get comfortable.

"And young Midoriya, you are the perfect candidate for my quirk. Never think less of yourself about that. I chose you for a reason. I saw myself in you. You're such a good kid, Izuku. Never change, for me okay?" Toshinori smiles at the boy, giving the kid some reassurance after reading the letter that was left for him.

"Thanks, All Might. Thanks for everything." The boy mumbles as he drifts off into a charming sleep. Toshinori gently takes the kid's hand in his and softly squeezes it. He quietly stands up, and ruffles the boy's hair as he leaves. He looks back at the child as he stands at the doorway.

"I love you, kid. I hope you know that. If I could have it my way, you'd be my son, not his."

The door closes with a click.

________________________________________________________