TWENTY-THREE

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: If I Killed Someone For You
Artist: Alec Benjamin
Chapter Name: ⚠️ A Crying Kid ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

H I Z A S H I

"Hey, Yagi, wake up." I say as I try to shake awake the former pro hero. The man grunts as he shuffles around in his bed. I shake him again. "Hey, Yagi. This is important."

"What's up?" Yagi grumbles as he sits up tiredly. He rubs his head as if he has a headache.

"Listen, there was a huge villain attack at the spring festival in Kingsville." Yagi instantly becomes focused and wary at that. "A bunch of the kids' parents were there as well. Some of them passed, and I need you to help me break the news to them. Shouta's taking Todoroki to the hospital as Endeavor's gonna die soon. He tried to defend the citizens but ended up getting stabbed. It's all over the news." I explain with sorrow. These poor damn kids.

"Shit." Yagi swears as he stares straight at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah, I know." I sigh as I reply.

"Who...lost their parents?" Yagi questions hesitantly. Concern floats in his eyes like a rubber boat. He swings his legs over the side of his bed. He slips on his blue slippers.

I think back into my memory for a second. "Shouta had said that Kirishima lost both of his moms, Bakugou lost his father, Ashido lost her father, and Shinsou lost his foster parents. Amajiki, the poor kid, lost his mom, dad, and three younger sisters. Kaminari lost his mother, Sero lost his mother, Shouji lost his father, Uraraka lost both her parents, and Midoriya lost his mother. Also Tetsutetsu and Monoma from class 1B are coming to stay in our dorm as their parents also passed." I continue my horrid explanation.

"Jesus fucking Christ." Yagi mumbles as he sits back down on his bed in shock. "Who are we gonna tell first?" The skinny man asks.

"Let's do Kirishima first. The kid is extremely sensitive, and will know something's off immediately once I wake him up. Then, we'll tell Ashido. I know the two of them were friends in junior high, so they can sit with you while I tell the others." I hastily tell Yagi my plan.

"Alright, if you think that's best." Yagi sighs as he rubs his head once more.

•••

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

Hizashi quietly knocks on a familiar redhead's door at three in the morning. The man fiddles with his fingers as he waits. The door opens after a long minute of silence for Hizashi.

"Hello—oh, hi Mic-Sensei. What's up?" Kirishima says as he peaks his head out the door and sees his teacher standing there.

"Hey little listener, I need you to come with me. I know it's early, but you and I need to talk about something." Hizashi tries to hide his guilt when saying that, knowing how this kid is going to react. The boy gives him a look of confusion, but shrugs it off and follows him back to the room Toshinori is staying in.

Yamada silently opens the door to the room, and tells Kirishima to go sit next to Yagi on the edge of the bed. The kid turns to face his loud teacher, but Hizashi turns to close the door, avoiding all possible eye contact with the kid.

After all that, Hizashi pulls up a chair in front of the bed. Kirishima was sitting on the bed, very confused, with a nervous Toshinori sitting to the left of him.

"Alright, kid, this is...gonna be a lot to take in. I need you to—just listen." Toshinori begins as he stumbles across his words. Kirishima looks back and forth between the two teachers, who both have looks of sorrow planted on their faces.

"There was a villain attack in Kingsville." Toshinori pauses. Kirishima's jaw drops as he pulls out his phone, as his first instinct is to call his moms to make sure they're okay.

"Kid," Toshinori says gently as he pushes Kirishima's hand down from calling his mom. The kid's eyes are now starting to fill with tears. "I'm sorry, but your parents didn't make it. I'm so sorry, kid." Toshinori finishes with guilt seething into his gut.

"...w-what?" Eijirou stutters softly.

"No, n-no, no...this can't be real. TELL ME IT'S NOT REAL!" The redhead starts to scream. Tears fall down his face in rivers; his nose and cheeks turning a dark shade of red and pink.

"I'm sorry, but...it is." Hizashi says while hiding his own tears, hoping to not make the kid more upset.

"NO! GOD DAMNIT!" Eijirou punches the wall as he yells up at the ceiling. His face is now soaked—but who can blame the boy? Toshinori starts to crack, as he sees the kid repeatedly punching the wall. But when the kid suddenly freezes, Hizashi and Toshinori look at each other with desperate looks.

"W-Wait...Mina's d-dad was there t-too, for w-work. And s-so was B-Bakugou's...did t-they...?" Kirshima whips his head over to look at Present Mic.

"Yeah." The voice hero quietly whispers.

"H-Holy s-shit..." The redhead mutters softly. Then he drops his head as he leans against the wall for support.

"Come here, kid." All Might pulls the boy into a loving hug. Kirishima takes the comfort gladly as he continues to sob. Toshinori rubs tiny circles on the boy's back gently, trying to sooth the kid. It helps Eijirou calm down a little bit, but the kid is still obviously in shock.

"I-I should h-have gone with t-them. T-They asked me t-to come. I-I could have p-protected them..." Eijirou whimpers. Toshinori and Hizashi don't say anything. They just continue with trying to sooth the boy.

•••

"I'm gonna go grab Ashido." Mic says after about a half an hour. Kirishima is still crying, but he's half asleep in Toshinori's arms. The skinny man just keeps rubbing the boy's back.

Hizashi rubs the tears off his face as he wanders up to the fourth floor. He once again hesitates when he arrives at his students door. She shakes off the feeling quickly, and knocks. He stands there fiddling with his hands again. He hears a faint yawn and quiet footsteps approaching the door.

"Present Mic? Why are you here? And at three thirty in the morning no less." Ashido complains as she opens the door.

"Come on, little listener. You and I have to talk." Hizashi says painfully again.

__________________________________________________________________________________