Chapter 13 : The assortment

Ermand sensed that something atrocious would happen any moment

Ermand sensed that something atrocious would happen any moment. He immediately stood up face to face with the man.

"And I thought Agledon was situated in Tawarn not in some dreamland," the man replied in a stern voice.

"We are sorry, sir. Me and my friends didn't mean to create a scene. I just felt a bit nauseated and--"

The man raised a brow with the same sneer look on his face.

"Is that what a normal person would do if he feels nauseated?"

Ermand was speechless. How could he ever explain to him about what happened with him a moment ago?

Timothy and the rest others got up. Timothy glared at the man.

"Everybody is dismissed from the hall," the man said in a loud voice. "You, Chisel. I thought we kicked you out," he said through gritted teeth.

"Professor Qorder, please forgive us. It wasn't our intention. I apologize on behalf of all my friends," Emile pleaded.

The Qorder eyed Emile with an enraged stare, his lips in a thin lips

"I don't take requests. I will cross check all your certificates and details," he stated, glaring at Ermand.

He turned his back at them and walked away just as he came. Some students were watching them while they walked out of the hall.

The professor's voice echoed in Ermand's brain. I will cross check all your certificates and details...

He blinked rapidly as the thought floated in his head. There's no escape. He had to face it. There's no point in hiding the whole thing, but the note in his pocket was his only hope.

"Cross check is always fine for me but..."

Emile turned his gaze at Ermand. "What about you?" he asked.

Odin frowned, he looked from Emile to Ermand.

"There's nothing to get nervous about. A Qorder is just above a Chestnut. There's nothing he could do either to me or to you guys. I'll make sure!"

With his face still looking fierce, Timothy dashed out of the hall with the other students.

"Let's go," Charlie placed a hand on Ermand's shoulder.

Ermand was glued to where he stood.

"Now what's that supposed to mean?" Charlie folded his hands.

"I can't come with you guys anymore..."

"Don't be a dolt."

"No, I'm not being a dolt. If I come, it's all useless."

Charlie sighed and strolled toward Ermand.

"You're selected in the interview and then you're selected to join the Defenders, what's more to look at now?"